New Shoes are here

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the new Rims have arrived. Yesterday a nice gift was waiting my signature. Yeah Santa came a little late but late is better than never. I purchased these rims when JonB was having a HUGE sale on rims and I ended up getting more than 20% off of them.

I wanted to go with a very tough rim because of all of the *** holes that show up out of no where after a storm. Plus I wanted a tough rim anyway. I went with a competiton series. I got the forgeline ZX3R 19x13 Rear 19x11 front. They are Gun Metal Center, High Polished outer and inner barrel.

The suspense is killing me. In about 2 hours they are getting installed and I cannot wait to see them on. Here are a couple pictures. Thanks JonB for a great deal :2tu:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those are gonna look nice! Can't wait for pics with those on.. I've got iForged Monacos that have the same style and they look awesome!

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the morning brought perfect weather here, on the ride to the tire shop there was not a cloud in sight. A perfect day to get new rims installed. I ended up getting a 50 offset. The pictures do not do them justice, I think they look so much better in person. I think the color matches perfectly for the car, not too dark or too light. Honestly I was a little skeptical and wanted to go with a black finish. I am glad that I did not. The shots are not that great, it was very bright out side but I will take more pictures later when the lighting is better. Thank you JonB for making my best upgrade yet flawless.

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the comments. Its amazing how much more looks the car gets. They do really help the car stand apart.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife just looked over my shoulder and said "that's pretty"

congrats

SM1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are beautiful!!!! How many inches are those lips on the rears?

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am telling you guys its amazing how much rims just completely change the look of the car. I never liked the stock rims that came with the car. When I first got the car my wife said "Ehhh, car looks nice but those rims have got to go". The car looks much more aggressive, I think the offset goes perfect with them. I almost went chrome but looking at them I am really glad that I did not. I also was going back and forth between black and gun metal but I think black would of been too much for an already black car. The stepped lips are 3 1/2" rear, 2 1/2" front.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Wheels look killer, along with the rest of the car!:2tu:Waay better than the 10 spokes!

Though becasue you're having such great weather AND live in Hawaii, I pretty much hate you.:hitwithrock:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holey Kadoodles!:omg:

saw the rims on the floor, though they might look OK, then saw the pic of them ON the car and :omg: They look GREAT! Nice job!:2tu:

Love the way the rotors fill up the area behind the rim (as opposed to the 2nd gen stock rotors behind larger rims). Looks just plain cool.

Robert

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now dress up the logos and this will enhance the car, the "viper" in chrome and the "srt-10" in red will complement the chrome on the rims and the red calipers

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now dress up the logos and this will enhance the car, the "viper" in chrome and the "srt-10" in red will complement the chrome on the rims and the red calipers

I was actually thinking about doing something with the logos. I do like the Red and chrome combo idea. I am really considering what red lug nuts would look like as well, or maybe black lug nuts to match the center cap. Hmmmmm

Oh they are high polished, not chrome but close enough. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holey Kadoodles!:omg:

saw the rims on the floor, though they might look OK, then saw the pic of them ON the car and :omg: They look GREAT! Nice job!:2tu:

Love the way the rotors fill up the area behind the rim (as opposed to the 2nd gen stock rotors behind larger rims). Looks just plain cool.

Robert
It was really hard to picture what they would look like not on the car. I took a chance with the rim selection not knowing how it would turn out as I didnt see this rim on any SRT specifically a black SRT with gun metal ZX3R's.

Shags

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As good as the pictures look, they do not do justice to how cool they look in person. I stopped by the tire shop and I can attest they really make the car stand out! Great wheels...awesome car!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOS, that looks AWESOME!:2tu: I really like that you didnt go 20's and stuck with 19's all around. GOOD choice in wheels too. :drive:

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shags, it was good to meet you. You have a very nice SRT, nice and clean. Austin, that means a lot coming from you. I was thinking about going with the 20's but also am glad that I did not. Because I went with a smaller wheel I was able go with a more aggressive offset.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I also like the fact that you went with a "stepped lip" instead of the more common "R" lip.

I think changing the logos to chrome and the SRT in red will look really nice. Id stay away from the red lug nuts and go with black if you do decide to change them. Just my opinion of course.

Shags, it was good to meet you. You have a very nice SRT, nice and clean. Austin, that means a lot coming from you. I was thinking about going with the 20's but also am glad that I did not. Because I went with a smaller wheel I was able go with a more aggressive offset.

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on a fine choice!
Can you give us the specific offset?
How much farther out are the wheels pushed? It makes the stock tires look wider, I like it a lot
I also have a Black Vert and simply love your set-up
Claude
Forgeline ZX3R - Front 19x11 275/30-19 Rear 19x13 345/30-19 Gunmetal+50 offset, Polished inner and outer. It really does make the wheels look wider. Thank you :2tu:

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I also like the fact that you went with a "stepped lip" instead of the more common "R" lip.

I think changing the logos to chrome and the SRT in red will look really nice. Id stay away from the red lug nuts and go with black if you do decide to change them. Just my opinion of course.
I am going back and forth between black or red. I think that the black lug nuts would too much match the center cap, and would be too much black in the center. I think red would really go well with the calipers. Decisions Decisions :dunno:

XLR8SN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any idea of what the stock offset is?
Or how much more do these stick out?
Claude

Cant remember what the stock offset are. But +50/+50 is the most "you" probably can go with a Gen III. This is on a 19" rim with 11" front and 13" rear. Gen II's I think has a little more play...based on his Gen III versus my Gen II fitment. 20's would have to be a slightly narrower rim if my memory serves me right due to potential rubbing on the fender liner....I think.

Fronts were about flush with the fender and the rear stuck out just a little....giving it a real aggressive look without rubbing...and his was lowered a bit.

Either way...it looks really really good and changed the characteristic of the car completely. Couldnt believe the difference it made. Glad you took the leap of faith HI-NOS-VIPER. :2tu:

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tomorrow I will try and get some pics to show the offset better. I just went out and measured and the rear sticks out about an inch and the front about a quarter inch.