New to me 2004 Viper

Armyclimber

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
So I finally did it, I pulled the trigger on my own viper, and I am very happy.

I flew to Kansas City to pick it up and drove it all the way back to Flagstaff Arizona, where I live.

On the way the rocker panels took a little bit of a beating, and I am not sure how I can fix that, and prevent that in the future. it seems to be from stones on the road being kicked up by my front tires.

I am thinking about getting it paint corrected and ceramic coated.

Either way, I love it! Is this forum still active? it seems to be kinda dying

You must be registered for see images attach

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Very cool! Where in KC did you get it? Was it a private sale or a dealer? That's right in my backyard, so just curious.

As far as the forum, it goes in spurts. You will still get an answer here most of the time, but a lot of the more active random stuff is taking place on the Facebook club page. The cars have also just fallen out of the limelight some, and with such low production numbers there just aren't as many people involved with them, so I don't think we'll ever quite by the buzzing hub of activity that it was in its heyday, but there are still some very dedicated and knowledgeable people around to help answer questions. If anything I'd say the forum is more the location for technical info and questions and the Facebook site is more the social side of things.

lyonmt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recommend getting the front bumper, sills and rear covered with a clear bra.

ahurdle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recommend getting the front bumper, sills and rear covered with a clear bra.
I second this. I do a bunch of rally drives, and my car is lowered. Paint was nearly perfect 18000 miles ago. It is quite chewed up now. If you plan to drive it like a camry, you will probably be fine. But high speed tears the paint apart.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You can get some "mudflaps" as well. They are basically just plastic panels that attach on the rear of the wheel arches that extend just enough to protect the paint. You almost can't even tell they are there. I got this set years ago from Viper Specialty http://viperspecialtyperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/49_51/products_id/199. They worked out pretty good, but I ended up tearing up two of them during an "off road event".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave