New to the Forum

70chall440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thought I would say hi to everyone here. I am a non-recovering Mopar-holic. I have had many of them over the years and have a taste for E bodies. I have to admit that I slipped recently (again) and bought a C4 vette but then fortune smiled on me and allowed me to pick up an 01 ACR from the first owner. I have to admit that I love it. I had to drive it from San Deigo back to Washington state fortunately w/o issue. That bright yellow drew a lot of attention along the way. I look forward to being a frequent vistor to the forum.

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The first 6 months of ownership are by far the most fun. Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE my car even after 4 years, but the first 6 months....heaven. Enjoy but be careful getting to know the car.

OP
OP

70chall440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure that it is. I have owned plenty of cars (especially Mopars). The viper looks good sitting next to my 70 440 six Pack RT Challenger. It was made w/o stripes but I am going to add some (I like the look much better).

OP
OP

70chall440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I soooo agree. I looked across the country just for this car. I wanted a yellow ACR and I just found out that they only made something like 31 w/s stripes. I am going to add tape stripes so they can be removed if necessary. I have a yellow 01 ram as well, they go nice together.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I soooo agree. I looked across the country just for this car. I wanted a yellow ACR and I just found out that they only made something like 31 w/s stripes. I am going to add tape stripes so they can be removed if necessary. I have a yellow 01 ram as well, they go nice together.

There were 38 monotone Yellow ACRs made. Mine is one of them, but a previous owner had the stripes painted on. Trust me, once you get those stripes on, you won't ever want to take them off....they really make the car. Welcome to the Viper Nation!

You must be registered for see images

More pictures of the triplets HERE

V

Venomiss

You need an avatar with the yellow Viper in it. Fastest cars on the planet:D
We have to stay ahead of all the bugs who want to land on us!

OP
OP

70chall440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those look awesome!! I am looking forward to the stripes. I am going to take look at adding those outside pen stripes as well. I think it makes it look a little more agressive.

OP
OP

70chall440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just looking at the pics of the triplets and noticed that one of them has the "Viper GTS" painted black. Any idea how this was done?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lovely snake and welcome to the VCA. Might as well get use to getting the attention like you got from the drive. You will get lots more attention from the Viper than any Vette, that is for sure. Welcome to the best Club in the world

OP
OP

70chall440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy to be here. I have had vettes (in fact still do) and you are absolutely right. I actually was considering going with a Z06 but while talking about it I counted 4 vettes on the road and not one Viper, this coupled with the fact that I bleed Mopar made the decision simple.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy to be here. I have had vettes (in fact still do) and you are absolutely right. I actually was considering going with a Z06 but while talking about it I counted 4 vettes on the road and not one Viper, this coupled with the fact that I bleed Mopar made the decision simple.
And a well made decision that you will not regret. :drive:

OP
OP

70chall440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
judging by the stares, comments, cell phones flying out to take a pic, etc. I have already encountered I think you are right.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have seen these emblems, do your remove what you have or put them over the existing emblems?

Congrats and Welcome home to WA...... Please make plans to visist the SRT event in Portland in March 8-9 '08 time frame.

PartsRack has black badges for you, RIGHT HERE IN WA.....and even the adhesive residue cleaner and instructions you need. Please call? We also need to discuss your rear spring problem if it has not been addressed by prior owner.

I also had a 2001 all-yellow ACR and have some yellow doo-dad freebees you will like, so CHECK IN.

Last edited:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and Welcome home to WA...... Please make plans to visist the SRT event in Portland in March 8-9 '08 time frame.

PartsRack has black badges for you, RIGHT HERE IN WA.....and even the adhesive residue cleaner and instructions you need. Please call? We also need to discuss your rear spring problem if it has not been addressed by prior owner.

I also had a 2001 all-yellow ACR and have some yellow doo-dad freebees you will like, so CHECK IN.

One of these days I will get it through my thick skull that you have EVERYTHING for Vipers.:cool:

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, enjoy the never fading excitement and FYI God made red Vipers so yellow ones would have heroes.

OP
OP

70chall440

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you have my interest. What is the deal with the rear spring sag??? I have never heard anything about it. Also do you have to remove the existing badges or do yours go over them?

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just looking at the pics of the triplets and noticed that one of them has the "Viper GTS" painted black. Any idea how this was done?
I am getting ready to paint mine flat black. I am going to try using Testor model paint.

I have flat black vinyl stripes on my car and they look killer. I had a body shop manager tell me they were the best looking stripes he has ever seen.:2tu:

DCP_1113.jpg