New to the Viper world

OP
OP
T

tealviper94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now I know I'm going to really get a lot of ribbing. and called a fool. But basically I found this car through the auto trader. I live in Tampa Florida. The Car, was in San Diego California. I called the dealer and asked if the car had any problems, oil leaks, clutch problems, paint work, scratches, cracks, and asked if everything worked on the car. He stated that everything worked, no paint work, no scratches, "Paint is perfect" look at the miles! We agreed on a price and I bought the car. Un-seen only based on the salesman word ( OK I'm a fool) My friends said I was too trusting. Without truth and Honor. what do you have? Nothing.
Anyway I had the car shipped through the dealer carrier. 7- 10 day delivery. HAH..
Try 22 days to finally get the car. When I got the car the Door locks do not work, High beams do not work, pasenger door panel handle area has a crack. Hey But the AC works great!
After going over the whole car there are a total of 23 scratches or chips. The hood has had paint work done. The drivers side exhuast panel has a hole in it that is about the size of a pea. who ever did the body work on the hood did not know what they were doing. you can see dips in the paint at the right angle wee they sanded a chip and did not feather it and prime. Then when I started the car and it got warmed up. you could smell coolant. No leaks could be found. So I drove it home and then parked it. took it to the dealer and it started to have stream rising from under the hood. the car never overheated or got hot.
They found that both head gaskets were bad. and had been bad for a long time because of the stains down the side of the block.
Next the dealer found that the steering rack had a small leak. Total Cost for repairs $ 3495.00 and this only fixes the heads and rack. I called the dealer and basically he said "Well I didn't make any money on this deal and you got it for whole sale" So there is nothing he would do. Oh he did say he would call his local Dodge Dealer to work with my dealer to get the repair at a discount. I'm Sorry but this Bull! They had this car for over a year and they had put on over 2000 miles while in there possession. So you cant tell me that they did not know of the problems. This dealer sells high line cars. if mine is like this what condition are his other cars.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the Sebring trip. what does it cost to watch? and how much to participate?

You need to join the track club... SAFE Motorsports. www.safemotorsports.com

The membership is $50 per year... and to enter your car for a track day is usually mid-$200.

If you just want to come and ride as a passenger with someone... that costs $30.

That's what I did my first day at Sebring... I rode several laps with Chuck and with Russ.

Come on down and just ride as a passenger... it is a blast and you will be hooked in no time.

Lance

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From his first post I would assume they sold it to him with bad head gaskets and a leaking steering rack. I love that color combo. I'm gonna have one of those some day to add to the fleet.

OP
OP
T

tealviper94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, I see the one post:
Quote:
You sold an S2000 to get a viper?
you go boy...
Welcome and enjoy, just don't ask about grasshoppers or soup...

What's the story on grasshoppers and soup? I know don't ask! But now I'm Curious... :) )

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96