NEW UNHEARD OF MODS FOR THE SRT AND GTS,

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I'm late getting my web site up as promised, and it's still not complete.

I thought I'd let you guys know of some of the interesting projects I'm working on. Some are very high tech, and others are not so high tech, but it's my belief they are essential mods for the SRT, and some for the GTS as well. Give me some feedback, as to if they sound interesting.

One piece all aluminum brake rotors, with steel friction surface. These rotors will far surpass the rotational weight savings of any rotor on the market. Unlike other rotors that only have aluminum hats, these are all aluminum, other than the steel friction surface. They are much like the aluminum flywheel in design. They are full proof in every way. Would you believe the price will be around $250.00 each. They have been tested on many cars under the most grueling conditions. There are no drawbacks to these that I can see, and I've spent many hours talking to the engineer that is designing them for us. The rotational weight factors, considering the 14 inch cast iron rotors on the SRT, need some serious attention.

I know this next one is one that many may scoff at but, here goes.

Tricked out Turbo 350 transmission conversion, very high tech, custom made bell housing, lockup converter under full load, will easily handle up to 1000 HP, Gear venders unit for overdrive, and this will also be very effective for gear splitting. Approximately. 25 lb weight reduction of the rotating assembly versus a regular 350. This is a major project, and we are having on the best transmission companies known, work with us on this. And if your wondering how it will compare to an equally equipped Viper with a manual trans, it's not even a fair comparison, as the auto setup wil easily run off and leve the manual setup. Very streetable, and much fun to drive. Concentrate on driving while racing, not shifting. As for those that think it's going to be boring to drive, not at all, you'll be somewhat busy with the Gear vender's unit splitting second gear, and monitoring trans temp, adjusting pump pressure, setting up shift points, etc. This will be a serious setup, but very easy and SAFE to operate.

Next on the list: Carbon fiber drive shafts, too many benifits to list, but this is a must on the SRT especially due to the fact it's drive shaft is nearly 3 inches longer than the GTS, and the car is putting down more HP and torque. It's much stronger than the aluminum shaft the car now uses, but it's not so much a problem that we are breaking these, as the other drawbacks to not having carbon fiber. These shafts come complete with new cyro treated slip yoke, and u-joints. Very easy to install, and you keep your old drive shaft. The cost on these will run about $650.00 I have ordered 6 of these and have sold 3 already.

This is just a partial list of the projects for the SRT and GTS, many more to come, at least 10 more that I can think of to make the car one step closer to becoming the true sportsmans car it should be.

Here is the address to my uncomplete website, www.provipermods.com I'm working on it daily and plan to have many unusual mods for the SRT as well as the GTS.

Skip White

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Skip

The rims and tires that are on your website do they go right on or do you need to use studs and spacers since they are 18's.

Also whats the cost for 2 rears with the nittos. What brand are the wheels?

thanks
vd..

OP
OP
S

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dmitry, the I only have approxamate prices on that setup, and yes the wheels fit, with a simple modification of the e-brake bracket.

The wheels are SSR Comp forged wheels. They cost around $550.00 each and only weigh 19.5 lbs each. The Nitto Drag Radials cost around $220.00 each. They weigh 31 lbs each nearly 40 lbs savings just on the two rear tires and wheels. Do the brake rotors and there's another 28 or so lbs. These tires are 1 full inch taller than the Pilots. They fit the rims like a glove.

I have a file of very high quality pics if anyone is interested.

This is the best looking and performing upgrade I've ever done for the cost. You can't imagine what it's like not to be spinning all over the place. The wheels look much better than the pic on website.

Could anyone out there post a couple pics of this setup for me. I've yet to learn that process.

Skip White

OP
OP
S

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have many to offer, but it's so much work listing, and being sure it's the right product to promote. I'm going to have it right from the start. I can use up the whole day researching one product, and trying to get around doing huge buy-ins that so many companies require.

Skip White

OP
OP
S

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
two pounds difference, as the one in the car is fairly light to start with, but remember in the world of rotational mass, this is a nice reduction. The strength of this shaft is much greater than the oem part. The shock caracteristics that are transfered into other driveline parts are greatly reduced with this setup. This is a very benificial mod IMO. Don't forget the trans. yoke and u-joints are cyro treated also, making them much stronger. Those who are running 3.55 gears and running very high speed ocasionally will have the added protection from drive shaft failure.

Skip White

ps, glad to see someone is as concerned as I am about reducing the weight of our somewhat heavy cars.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering when someone would get around to coming up with an Autotrans conversion.

Will the PCM hook up be a simple plug and play? Are there any compatibility issues with the Viper PCM?

OP
OP
S

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The PCM on the car will have nothing to do with the auto trans. As the car already has a manual in it, there is no conection between them, other odometer, and that will be no problem. I have thought it over a 100 times as to the best set up to go with, and you would think the L460E would be it, but there are two many disadvantages to using this. The Turbo 350 as many of you know is a very fine transmission, when modified, there are no electronics in it at all. Not saying that is a real plus, but it's certainly not a big drawback.

You won't believe how nice it will be to accelerate through the gears with this setup.

Skip White

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala