New Viper Coupe at LA auto show

ViperLB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Makes me appreciate the good looks of the previous GTS model even more. This just looks too plain and uninspiring to me.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
V

ViperLB

Viper Owner
Reaction score

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Shots!!

Thanks for the pics, uninspired Guy! I'll gladly take one!

Jay K.

OP
OP
V

ViperLB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Competition Coupe? I like the previous red version (in the sticky thread) much better.

snake dreams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's weird how different the rear end is between the coupe and convertible. the coupe doesn't appear to be much different from the old style, while the convertible is completely different. Just look at the taillights.

RandyS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The gizmo attached to the front spoiler, adjuster from inside, or sensor???

Randy

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks great! Do I wish it looked like the comp coupe? Of course, but I don't see how anyone can say that's a bad looking car!

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the CC has a long overhang in the back and this significantly impacts the overall appearance.

I feel that increasing the overhang on the new coupe would help some.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is how they want it to be, divided half and half that way everyone won't start the mad dash to trade their GTS coupes in for the new coupe and the old will hold its value.
the big problem was how do I make a coupe and keep the first and second generation coupes up in value, easy, make a coupe that doesn't appeal to everyone, or have a big depreciation in value with the old.
Like everything that changes it will grow on you, thats the best way.

just my thoughts and 2 cents

FLX109

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is how they want it to be, divided half and half that way everyone won't start the mad dash to trade their GTS coupes in for the new coupe and the old will hold its value.
the big problem was how do I make a coupe and keep the first and second generation coupes up in value, easy, make a coupe that doesn't appeal to everyone, or have a big depreciation in value with the old.
Like everything that changes it will grow on you, thats the best way.

FLX109

How does Dodge (I am assuming that is whom you speak of when you say THEY) benefit from the value of the older cars? If anything they would prefer that everyone buy a new car every year.

FYI, the car is hot. I love it.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks lowered com pared to the one that we saw pics of. Looks much better. It's growing on me. I am disappointed about the power though. Should have been 550 at an minimum.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks good. But not as good as our Gen 2's. Perfect!

I wish they would have given it some power though because having a Vette faster, stock for stock, *****. It is a travesty that was easily avoidable.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The resale value (which has been dropping due to oversupply) has a strong affect on sales.
Unless you are keeping the car for the rest of your life, resale value determines the true cost of ownership of a new car. Depreciation is the single largest cost of owning any new car. And higher resale costs relate to both the short term and long term value of the Viper. :2tu:

Not increasing the power at all for '06 was a huge blunder for DC. :confused:

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with regard to the value of a Viper from an owner's perspective. Not with regard to DC.

I firmly disagree that DC produced this car to protect the resale value of the Gen II as previously inferred.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks good. But not as good as our Gen 2's. Perfect!

The GTS is perfection, thats all there is to it. Its sad, the new Coupe could have been as well, but only if it would have looked like the CC.

cruser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone photoshopped from the doors back on a Gen 2 versus this car? I think it would very interesting to see the differences, or lack of.

Brian 95 RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny from reading the posts, it seems like most of the current GTS owners don't like the new coupe, but most of the RT owners do. Personally, I like it (but I own an RT).

GTS234

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are they (DC) going to name it? Will it be a GTS (obviously, I hope not)? A "GTSRT-10" :eek: , an "SRT-10 GT" :smirk: ? Does it say anything under the "VIPER" emblem on the fenders (it sure looks like there is something there in the pictures)? It looks like this is what we are going to get, so we might as well get used to it's proper name.

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own an RT and I like it. Altough I think the original GTS is better looking. But this is way batter looking than the SRT Convertible.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are they (DC) going to name it? Will it be a GTS (obviously, I hope not)? A "GTSRT-10" :eek: , an "SRT-10 GT" :smirk: ? Does it say anything under the "VIPER" emblem on the fenders (it sure looks like there is something there in the pictures)? It looks like this is what we are going to get, so we might as well get used to it's proper name.

The side emblem reads "Viper SRT-10". Nothing special.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rt-10 ---> srt-10
gts ---> sgts

This would make since

OP
OP
V

ViperLB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Like Ulysses said, it doesn't have a "Wow" factor like the previous versions had. The previous GTS version created a huge buzz at the car shows, with people gushing over its agressive looks and meanacing stance.

I couldn't imagine paying $95,000 for this thing ($85k plus taxes, tag, title, extra warranty), and not have the "head turner" looks, and know that the new bone stock Chevy Z06 down the street is quicker and lighter for about $20k less.

It doesn't make sense for them not to increase the HP, which would be so easy with a different exhaust and intake, easily netting out to about 550 hp and pushing performance past the Z06.

Just my 2 cents. :D

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone thinks 50hp is all it needs to compete with the Vette...Um...What about track performance??I doubt it will be a match for this lightweight Z06...Seems way more tuned to tracking than this Viper....Look at the Vettes technical resume vs the Vipers....On paper the Vette seems to be a more focused track car then the Viper. Never thought that last sentence would ever be said....Just look at the materials used, dry sump etc....Im still hoping for a surprise like what happened with the Ford GT being underrated but even better to me would be a weight decrease and at least 50hp increase...Its slowly growing on me after seeing the official pics thread but still very dissappointed....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery