New Viper owner here

BigJag

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought an new 08 Viper Coupe last week. Car is on the truck and will be delivered tomorrow morning. Can't wait. Don't hold this against me but I also have an 07 ZO6. I love the Z and hopefully will love the Viper as well. Have had more than 10 Vettes in the past and this is my first Viper. Look forward to being part of the Viper community. Here's a pic of it on the delivery truck. More pics to follow.:2tu::usa:

You must be registered for see images

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you will love it, Teh car is a justRaw power and not refined like a Corvette. Plus there is no traction control to assist in driveability.

Bruce

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought an new 08 Viper Coupe last week. Car is on the truck and will be delivered tomorrow morning. Can't wait. Don't hold this against me but I also have an 07 ZO6. I love the Z and hopefully will love the Viper as well. Have had more than 10 Vettes in the past and this is my first Viper. Look forward to being part of the Viper community. Here's a pic of it on the delivery truck. More pics to follow.:2tu::usa:

You must be registered for see images

Congratulations! I can't wait. I have an ACR inbound hopefully
next month. Currently own an 06 Z06 which I am keeping.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well hopefully u'll join the arkansas/louisiana vca and join us for the fall foliage tour in October

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that an aero Package or an ACR? Looks like an Aero from the width of the wing and I presume you would have called it an ACR if it was, but anyhoo, welcome to the black/dual redstripes club, we are a very small group. If it's an ACR the group is one of 3 at this point.
My trailer pic.

IMG_0773.JPG

OP
OP
B

BigJag

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that an aero Package or an ACR? Looks like an Aero from the width of the wing and I presume you would have called it an ACR if it was, but anyhoo, welcome to the black/dual redstripes club, we are a very small group. If it's an ACR the group is one of 3 at this point.

Thanks for the welcome and you are right it is not an ACR. Razors, Nav, 2 tone red, light arc, protection group, aero. Your ACR looks awesome from behind! :2tu:

Last edited:

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your purchase, cant wait to see pics of entire car. Great colors, welcome to the club:drive:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! Be patient when you get it. Make sure that you warm the tires up. Take it in baby steps after the break in. Take it somewhere where you have four lanes and no traffic and carefully experiment a little. Keep in mind the Viper is a streetable race car not a street car that can be raced. Have fun - safely.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats BigJag...hey we've had Z06's...now have a paddle-shifting 436hp RED Corvette~! No worries here, we like ALL cars...welcome to the VIPER community...your car looks BADASP~!!!!
ENJOY totally! ~juli

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats and enjoy in good health,like others said warm the tires up and get to know the raw power with no traction and she will treat you right with a big smile on your face,awsome colro combo looks mean

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu:You are now an owner of what I've been told is the car with the highest percentage of totals there is. Somewhere just south of 20%, and around 50% have been in a wreck. Most of these people owned "high horsepower-high performance" cars prior to owning their Viper. The record, if memory serves me, is something like 78 feet from the dealership before totaling the car. Vipers take you getting use to them, slowly. As we were told at Viper Days, "Vipers do 3 things exceptionally well, accelerate, stop, and turn. The just don't like doing more than one of them at a time." We all welcome and congratulate you. You'll love your Viper. The experts around the club will advise you to do yourself a big favor and take your Viper to a Viper Days driving class to really learn "how she handles." :drive:

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats!!!! Great color choice. I too have owned a number of Vettes and 2 Vipers. The Viper is a different breed......as it has already been said a number of times, be careful at first. The Viper is a LOT more fun to DRIVE......the vette is "assisted" and will keep you out of trouble, YOU are the assistant to the Viper, and YOU keep the Viper out of trouble! Look where you want the car to go, and be sure to have a number weeks with the car, while gradually increasing the performance of the car to its capabilities. You'll NEVER regret buying the Viper.....AND......be prepared to have people notice you unlike driving the "ordinary" American sports car.....you won't believe the attention that the Viper gets in comparison to the vette. There is really nothing like it.....enjoy!!

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new toy! Post some more pictures when you get it off the truck.

blue01gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My trailer pic.

IMG_0773.JPG

Not to take over the thread but, what is the price difference of a Aero package to a ACR package.:dunno: Just wondering for my self.:confused:

Slypopsracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My son traded an 07 Vette (back in 06 ) for a Viper and said it was best purchase ever. The good news was not pulling in a p-lot and seeing 5 more cars like yours (his quote).The bad news was 2 days after purchase didnt hurt car but knocked a tooth out(with seat belt on) when the tires hooked. Told me the story with a hiss (just like his snake).Congrats on that beautiful Viper

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the elite of being a Viper owner. You will see the many differences between the Viper and the Vette. The Viper lets you know how much power there is. Dont let it bite you, take it easy at first as others have said. You dont have the nanny gimics the Vette has. That aero package does look nice. Make sure and post more pics when you get a chance. I love that color combo, my favorite if I was to go with the stripes. I would of if they would of offered them with the 2004. My camaro has that color combo. Enyoy.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best of luck.Be careful ,if you jump on it make sure the wheels are pointed straight..Above 4000 rpm the 08s cam adjusts hold on- make sure all is clear in front of you (objects come up rather quickly)and have fun.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960