New Viper owner

bunkercowboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all.

I just bought a 2004 and was looking to take her in for oil change. I'm in Boerne, Texas - I figured best just to take into Dodge dealer here as I'm not big on the local Boerne oil change places.

A fellow Viper guy Fuelman suggested I ask local dealership if they have Viper Tech...They claim they have more than one.

Just looking for feedback / info.

Zachary

joebruni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings I am a viper owner (2009 SRT-10 Coupe)in San Antonio and I always take it to the Lotus dealer here (Gonzaba Autoplex). Dodge dealers usually try and use the wrong oil filter, the one for the older srt's. You should be fine at the dodge dealer, double check that they don't damage your car on the lift (VERY common)

OP
OP
B

bunkercowboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks....hard to get into San Antone at time as I live 10 miles North of Boerne and work here in Boerne as well. Which oil filter goes on it?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was about to send you off to one of the 3 Texas regions for all the local info you'll EVER need, but realized that neither of you are VCA members. Joe, you have 1 year's free membership with your new car purchase. BC, give a call to VCA headquarters. :2tu:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if your handy, do it yourself

i paid for my 1st change, did my second change myself and immediately wish i had done the 1st 1 myself

for fun and finances

2 viper techs in boerne, tx (Boerne is a city in the Hill Country of Texas in the United States. It is the county seat of Kendall County. Boerne was named in honor of Ludwig Börne, a German author and publicist, and its population was 6,178 at the 2000 census.) not likely (possible, but not likely)

OP
OP
B

bunkercowboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use to change oil all the time in my trucks. Assume I just get some ramps, the proper filter and no big deal? Perhaps stupid questions.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are a few exceptions but Dodge dealers are in general notoriously inept at oil changes. They DONT pay the valuable Viper Tech to perform it, and the $10/hr lot-boy ends up moving your car and inducing who knows WHAT oil. Youll pay thru the nose for Mobil One at a dealer, too.

1) Get the right filter; SRT-Viper or Mobil One
2) Get the right oil; Mobil One is OE, [or full syn Castrol or Valvoline etc.]
3) "NO ROAD TEST" on work order.
4) If they claim a Viper Tech, did that tech update annually? Or go to one school in 1994?

You DONT need a VIPER TECH for an oil change! Just a careful, caring 'grease monkey' would be my preference!

V

Venomiss

Hello all.

I just bought a 2004 and was looking to take her in for oil change. I'm in Boerne, Texas - I figured best just to take into Dodge dealer here as I'm not big on the local Boerne oil change places.

A fellow Viper guy Fuelman suggested I ask local dealership if they have Viper Tech...They claim they have more than one.

Just looking for feedback / info.

Zachary
This might be very helpful for you with pictures.
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/617529-changed-oil.html

VIPER PIT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I live in Boerne also, drop me a pm and I can give you details on the local service guys. Like Jon B. said watch out at the dealers. I have had dents put in the side sills from techs trying to get the lift arms under the car. Holes in the seats from screw drivers - you name it. But the question always is why does this happen to my viper and not my six year old work truck?? I have a lift and prefer to do my own.
We need to get a local group together.

John

OP
OP
B

bunkercowboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey John...I think I sent you a PM last night on a different subject??

I'm all ears, as for now must got get at least an inspection done, expired Oct.

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe and bunkercowboy, I can't wait to see you guys around town. I just purchased a viper myself. I'm gonna post more info up once I get it back to San Antonio and take some pictures. Congrats!!

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys...some cool stuff hapening in San Antonio! and the outlying areas for us Viper Folks...

Email me at [email protected] and I can add you guys to the list of our Viper Club events in South Central Texas :) we have a neat drive through the Hill Country planned on the 14th of November...you guys should try and make it out!!! Email me and I'll get you the details

Ryan

V

Venomiss

They can be Boerne again as VCA members.
Hopefully you will both join us.

Welcome to the fun.