New wheels what do you all think ...

xanadu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely hidious!!! At least that paint job. It looks too low as well. Lowered is better, but maybe with 20's it looks like the car is too much on top of the wheels, although it's probably just been lowered too far for my taste.

Maybe those wheels would look great if they were simply polished, NOT chromed, but lightly polished. The stock Viper wheels are supposedly polished, but too me it's still too much like a chromey look. Chrome wheels take the eye away from the car and to the wheels too much, where the eyes should be focused on the car mainly and the wheels just enhance the look of the car.

I hate to use this example as it sounds sexist, and that I'm not, but maybe it will work. Take a beautiful woman with a nice pair of B's . . . you see her lovely face, her cute nose, her pretty smile, her nice hair, the nape of her neck, her flowing shoulders . . . you get the point. Now take the same beautiful woman and give her DD's . . . you've just ruined her overall look, because now the focus is on her chest and you're missing out on what really made her beautiful.

JMO

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I imagine you will get plenty of responses , both ways, as any time you go for a radical look , it is often a love or hate reaction. The most important thing is whether you like the outcome, and enjoy the fact that you will be noticed and spark alot of conversations.

:nana:

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4129whacked.jpg

OP
OP
T

thewb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to use this example as it sounds sexist, and that I'm not, but maybe it will work. Take a beautiful woman with a nice pair of B's . . . you see her lovely face, her cute nose, her pretty smile, her nice hair, the nape of her neck, her flowing shoulders . . . you get the point. Now take the same beautiful woman and give her DD's . . . you've just ruined her overall look, because now the focus is on her chest and you're missing out on what really made her beautiful.

JMO

[/QUOTE]

oh man did i post in the wrong forum ..this is a viper forum right.?

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its unique everyone has their own taste...instead of doing the lip red I would have went with a polished lip with a black face if you really wanted black. Or my personal favorite all polished but I may be a little bias ;)

What did you use to lower the car it has a really nice stance now! :)

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
takes a bit of getting used to, but i like it - very different and unique. :2tu:
I'ved looked at it a few times and still cant get used to it. But if the person who owns it, and likes it. my opinion dont count..02

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have seen a number of lamborghini, ferrari cars lately that have wheels very similar to this. also, dont forget the Rousch CC viper we have seen lately.

this might be the direction we are going in sportscar wheels.

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I call Pimpin'! AKA "ghetto wheels" I'm certain some will find them attractive but, sorry, not my taste.

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As Randy Jackson likes to say on Idol ... "It wasn't the best song choice, but you did your thing. It just didn't work for me this time, Dawg."

I like originality, but that red lip in particular is just a bit too 'original' for me. But I'm a purist at heart.

Mike M

Nich0las

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks great. I think it looks mean and exotic. Yes it is the "cool" and conforming thing on this board to have black with a polished or chrome lip but that has to be the most played out look to date. Everyone from lowered S10's to Scion's has cheap black on chrome knock offs. You took a risk and did very well. A Viper is a different car and deserves a different combination and you did just that. I personally would have done red with a chrome lip or all black (which is rare on a multi-piece wheel) but I still love the look. The younger generation of Viper owners and followers will really dig it, again nice choice.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the concept but am mixed on the results. I think my biggest challenge is that the lip looks almost plastic:

271redwheel.JPG

If it had been done in a red chrome or red aluminum-look I think it would be a lot more appealing to me. Definitely give you kudos for personalizing your car!

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kind of like them. The car is definitely original. I have restored and customized many cars and during each process I keep telling myself, "Its my car and I will do what I want to it"
So basically, who gives a funk what anyones else says, ITS YOUR CAR!

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kind of like them. The car is definitely original. I have restored and customized many cars and during each process I keep telling myself, "Its my car and I will do what I want to it"
So basically, who gives a funk what anyones else says, ITS YOUR CAR!
I agree to some degree, He wanted other people's opinion's Hense the subject (what do you all think) There are going to negitive response as well as positive, So there fore if its going to hurt the poster's feeling's for something he asked us to give, then He shouldnt have made this thread .02

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks pretty cool, but not my taste either...
It'll definitely turn lots of heads, and be a hit with the younger crowd

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They do however remind me of some rims I had on my BMX bike called ZRims. I had a set of red plastic ones very similar in color.

OP
OP
T

thewb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah i see what you mean but the lip only looks like that in pictures ..its a must see in real life ...rides awsome with 20" all the way around but thats also due to the awesome motons ..they are incrediable riding at any ride hight ...

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Very, very different...

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That looks great. I think it looks mean and exotic. Yes it is the "cool" and conforming thing on this board to have black with a polished or chrome lip but that has to be the most played out look to date. Everyone from lowered S10's to Scion's has cheap black on chrome knock offs. You took a risk and did very well. A Viper is a different car and deserves a different combination and you did just that. I personally would have done red with a chrome lip or all black (which is rare on a multi-piece wheel) but I still love the look. The younger generation of Viper owners and followers will really dig it, again nice choice.

Idiot.

Nich0las

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^

I may be an "idiot" but this "idiot" certainly knows when a particular style is getting played out and can recognize when someone has the Tic Tacs to try something innovative. The guy is getting rousted in this thread and I am trying to be constructive. I have nothing against Canadian automotive fashion but everyone in SoCal has the black on chrome or polish rim and in Canada this style may still be new and hot. I used to love this style aswell, just like how I used to like Corvette C4's when they first came out, but as time goes on they get worse and worse. And it doesn't help that companies like American Racing make a knock-off five spoke with black centers with a shiney lip that cost $299.00 per wheel,and that is in a 24 incher. Take my opinion as you please but in the small world I live in day to day the poster's choice in wheels is refreshing and fits this great car so very well. Back to me being an "idiot", I have a similar taste to the many Lambo owners and F-car owners (at least the ones the attend Crystal Cove) and to have something in common with those guys you can call me whatever you want because they are doing something right in life.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960