New wheels what do you all think ...

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
^

I may be an "idiot" but this "idiot" certainly knows when a particular style is getting played out and can recognize when someone has the Tic Tacs to try something innovative. The guy is getting rousted in this thread and I am trying to be constructive. I have nothing against Canadian automotive fashion but everyone in SoCal has the black on chrome or polish rim and in Canada this style may still be new and hot. I used to love this style aswell, just like how I used to like Corvette C4's when they first came out, but as time goes on they get worse and worse. And it doesn't help that companies like American Racing make a knock-off five spoke with black centers with a shiney lip that cost $299.00 per wheel,and that is in a 24 incher. Take my opinion as you please but in the small world I live in day to day the poster's choice in wheels is refreshing and fits this great car so very well. Back to me being an "idiot", I have a similar taste to the many Lambo owners and F-car owners (at least the ones the attend Crystal Cove) and to have something in common with those guys you can call me whatever you want because they are doing something right in life.

I thought you said it was the "conforming thing on this board", to have black rims, but now you're saying that this is true only in your "small world", I'm pretty pleased with the progress we have made here today.

WT F are you trying to say with your last sentence? Are you implying you're not an idiot because you go and drool on some lambo's and f-cars, and you like their wheels? Let me confirm this one more time, you're not an idiot because you like the same wheels as some exotic car owners......and therefore you have something in common with the owners, who are obviously genius because they have expensive cars.

Nich0las

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I live in a "small world" if you don't consider the Internet and it's global village effect to count. Working and commuting from San Diego to LA regularly I am only seeing a fraction of the worlds cars on the road. With that being said these cities are home to many exclusive tuners, enthusiasts, and a higher amount of vehicles per capita than most places on Earth. So I will again repeat and chime in for your further understanding. I by know means think I superior for living in SoCal, I am simply stating that the look the poster has chosen to represent his fine car is unique and refreshing even in an area with more automotive diversity than just about anywhere in the world (with the exception of a few looks that have played out way too much).

Now since you have trouble reading feel free to reread my original post. I stated that I liked the posters wheels but I would have preferred two other styles over the ones displayed in this thread. In my second post I stated that this look is similar to what I have been seeing on F-cars and Lambo's in my "small" 10 million or so populated "world". And because I am an enthusiast of foreign exotics along with high displacement domestics I am pleased to see the marriage of various schools of automotive thought being brought to one of my favorite vehicles, the SRT-10. With that being said, for me personally the look is not my first choice even on the F-cars and Lambos I supposedly "drool" over but still looks amazing and better than the black on chrome look, IMO.

Feel free to post more immature comments or if this is not your intention and it is more of a language barrier issue disregard this comment.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Nicholas,

As a regular at Crystal Cove (and many other car shows), I would add that black on chrome or full polish is very popular because it looks good.

This doesn't. I haven't yet seen a Lambo or F-car with this type of colored wheel. If I did, I'd probably hurl.

looks good

Nich0las

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nicholas,

As a regular at Crystal Cove (and many other car shows), I would add that black on chrome or full polish is very popular because it looks good.

This doesn't. I haven't yet seen a Lambo or F-car with this type of colored wheel. If I did, I'd probably hurl.

looks good

Viper X,

Here is an example of this look on a Lambo http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37736

I have seen this look a few times at CC but saw at least 30 examples at SEMA. It is a love it hate it type of look I guess. On www.6speedonline.com you have more people liking it than disliking it and just the opposite.

I would have to disagree with you about being popular because it looks good. 13X7 inch wire wheels and 26 inch spinners is not my cup of tea but it still very popular and has a strong following.

Nich0las

Enthusiast
Reaction score
big-n-italian,

I have some other insane color combos that I have found that look mind boggling. I am trying to find this orange Gallardo and 996 GT3 RS to post with similar styling.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i rember seeing pics of the orange car you speak of at either sema or an auto show. you are right, very insane.

post pics if you find them. i would love to see that car again.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here:

You must be registered for see images

Nich0las

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice find man, we better take these off the thread or we may get stoned by all those who can't stand the look.

Nich0las

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was the one I was looking for. I still can't find the Porsche.

If Austin is hear I want to see a photoshop of an all blue or blue w/black stripes SRT-C with the a blue lip and black center or the same done with a yellow SRT. If DC had colors like the Lambo, even with a premium $$$ tag, they would sell like crazy.

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the Red SRT Ben posted originally last Friday at Tower Shops. You have to see it in person. I know it's a love/hate kinda thing, but different as it may be, I like it.

IMHO, all Vipers should be lowered as well. Gives the car a much meaner stance.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes I live in a "small world" if you don't consider the Internet and it's global village effect to count. Working and commuting from San Diego to LA regularly I am only seeing a fraction of the worlds cars on the road. With that being said these cities are home to many exclusive tuners, enthusiasts, and a higher amount of vehicles per capita than most places on Earth. So I will again repeat and chime in for your further understanding. I by know means think I superior for living in SoCal, I am simply stating that the look the poster has chosen to represent his fine car is unique and refreshing even in an area with more automotive diversity than just about anywhere in the world (with the exception of a few looks that have played out way too much).

Now since you have trouble reading feel free to reread my original post. I stated that I liked the posters wheels but I would have preferred two other styles over the ones displayed in this thread. In my second post I stated that this look is similar to what I have been seeing on F-cars and Lambo's in my "small" 10 million or so populated "world". And because I am an enthusiast of foreign exotics along with high displacement domestics I am pleased to see the marriage of various schools of automotive thought being brought to one of my favorite vehicles, the SRT-10. With that being said, for me personally the look is not my first choice even on the F-cars and Lambos I supposedly "drool" over but still looks amazing and better than the black on chrome look, IMO.

Feel free to post more immature comments or if this is not your intention and it is more of a language barrier issue disregard this comment.

You are a nut-*******, we will get that out of the way first. There is no language barrier here you little ****, if you find my opinions or comments immature then do not post ignorant comments that you cannot back up with something other than...."well here in Socal... dude, we have colors of the whole-wide rainbow on our wheels....black and chrome are like, so played out".

That $hit doesn't fly gerbil garage, you want to make opinions that will offend those people "conforming" on this board, be prepared to catch some flack, otherwise keep your broke-back commentary to yourself ******-bag. So what type of viper are you driving anyway, and what kind of wheels did you choose?

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't really like it. Its probably a combination of things. The 20" make the brakes look to tiny and I feel the car has been a lowered a bit too much.

In other words, it has too much "bling" and not enough "go".

In my opinion this is what sets the Viper apart from euro exotics. Lambos, Ferrari's and etc. look like exotics, the Viper (along with the Ford GT) look like race cars.

I wouldn't say the wheels are ugly, just not appropriate for what type of car they are on. I'm sure they'd look great on an F430 in my opinion.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm.............I don;t know but too much red for me. Need a little black or better yet some chrome. Chrome logo's and maybe some chrome hoops and exhaust tip.

Little bit more accessories.
But if you like it thats what counts.

Patrick

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, when I first looked at them they did more than nothing for me. But now that I've taken a 2nd and 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th look...I can actually say the car's unique look has grown on me a bit. Not that I'd do it but to each his own.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine