New York Intl Auto Show - Odd Request

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to the NY Auto Show late yesterday as it was the last day and I was interesting in checking out the new (October release) Land Rover Evoque.

Anyway, when I checked my phone messages immediately before we left for the show, I had a call from a California Dodge representative asking if I'd be interested in allowing my car to be used at the show. For this, they were offering me $75. If it wasn't a prank call, I wouldn't ever think of allowing this .... OK, maybe for a grand :).

Seemed funny and a quite odd to me for many reasons. While at the show, my daughter was pointing out all the show cars with gum (and other foodstuffs) stuck into various exterior seams and interior seating on so many of the cars. She was pleased we never pursued the "offer".

Anyone else receive the "call"?

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lowball offer for such a big show if you ask me, sounds like they were trying to sucker you in for a nicely low sum so good call on letting the offer go.

[self-policing mode on] what kind of money do other people who get to show their cars get? [/self policing mode off]

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds phony to me, as Dodge will usually call a Dealer in the area for one of their vehicles . If they were to go beyond that , they usually have one of the local Dealers contact a consumer. Pretty good idea you did not take your car up there, as this was most likely a prank.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456