Newbie. Could be looking to add a Viper to the stable :-)

snake-charmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just thought I'd say hi. Possible some of you may know me. I go by "snakecharmer" (no hyphen) everywhere else on the net. Should have figured someone would have beaten me to it here. :) Real name is Eric, I go by snakecharmer because of first serious sports car I ever bought (and still own), a 97 Saleen S281 Cobra. Over the last few years I've been fortune to add a Parnelli Jones Saleen, an M3 (daily driver), a Harley Davidson V-rod (Daily driver when it is nice out), and most recently a C6 Z06 to the garage. No brand loyalty here! I drive what I like, though I guess I'd say I'm still a Mustang guy first.

I am giving serious thought to a 2008/9 Viper, as I like what Chrylser has done with the new one, and thinking the improvements and changes might be enough to tempt me into one. So registering to here to learn a bit and follow other owners experiences when they start getting their new rides to help me see if I want to take the plunge or not.

:newbie:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome. Trade up and you will have a blast although the C6 Z06 is a great car already. The Viper is just a lot more raw. Same power, just a TOTALLY different feel. I love both cars and I would love to own both together.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome, snake-charmer. I'm sure you'll find lots of good info here. Good luck with your decision. My advice would be to get in touch with the local VCA chapter and members, get to know them, get a ride-along or two and you'll be hooked (or bit!). Once infected, the only anti-venom is to get one of your own.

As for the Viper being the "Harley of cars", I have to disagree with Limit. V-rod, maybe, but most of the H-Ds I see are not relatable to the Viper (or the v-rod for that matter).

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome snake-charmer...hope you take the plunge~~quite sure you would NOT regret it! NICE cars you had/have in your stable, as well as the Harley too...we've got the Viper, traded in our '04 Z06 for it, 2 totally different cars, there is no comparison, each has its own merits. Traded in my daily driver for an '08 LS3 436hp paddle-shifting Vette...awesome car, but again, there are NO comparos to the Viper...as mentioned by others, the Viper is a RAW BEAST...demands respect for sure!! A true 'drivers' car. Good luck on your 'hunt'~~~juli

OP
OP
S

snake-charmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to reading about what folks think about their new 08s, as well as seeing where Dodge takes the car going forward. Most probable time line for me to purchase is next fall as an 09. So plenty of time for me to learn from you folks and nake sure buying one is a good decision. Previous samples I have driven didn't quite give me what I was looking for, but in the end the appeal of the car is too high not to give it another shot and see how the 08 compares to the last one I drove. Better I'm sure. :)

And for the record, no the vette is not for sale. :D

A few pictures of the stable if anyone is interested.

The Parnelli

The Z06

The Bike

The S281 (700+ HP Turbocharged monster)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NIIIIIIICE cars/bike and garage too!!! Good Luck on your research, then purchase of your own Viper, whenever that may be!! ~juli

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go for the new Viper. These Viper folks are the greatest. The car & the club have convinced me to get rid of a couple of Mustangs so I could enjoy the big V-10.

OP
OP
S

snake-charmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go for the new Viper. These Viper folks are the greatest. The car & the club have convinced me to get rid of a couple of Mustangs so I could enjoy the big V-10.

Wow that is one RARE Saleen in your sig. One of two if memory serves? I'd love to see a pic if you have one handy. :)

I love both of mine. They aren't going anywhere. ;)

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to Saleen she is the only Mystichrome Cobra speedster they made. They did make 2 mystichrome cobra coupes. I really love her but the Viper crowd has been pulling me away from the Ford group. I've owned over 20 Mustangs including Shelbys & Cobras & been a member of cobra clubs since '94. Haven't been able to change my signature since the forum change but sold the Lexus and added an '07 Harley FXDL and an '07 Denali XL. I'd post a photo of the Saleen but don't know how.:drive:

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting that you've made your way here after your less than positive comments about Vipers on the SVT Forum....... Welcome aboard......

OP
OP
S

snake-charmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting that you've made your way here after your less than positive comments about Vipers on the SVT Forum....... Welcome aboard......

Guilty as charged. Enough positive reviews on the 08s in the press have convinced me to take another look at the car. I'm certainly not completely sold that I want one, but decided I should consider it as I love the looks.

OP
OP
S

snake-charmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to Saleen she is the only Mystichrome Cobra speedster they made. They did make 2 mystichrome cobra coupes. I really love her but the Viper crowd has been pulling me away from the Ford group. I've owned over 20 Mustangs including Shelbys & Cobras & been a member of cobra clubs since '94. Haven't been able to change my signature since the forum change but sold the Lexus and added an '07 Harley FXDL and an '07 Denali XL. I'd post a photo of the Saleen but don't know how.:drive:

I knew there was at least one coupe....the dealer I bought both of mine from had one. I believe it has been sold a couple of times now. I used to think Saleen's Rainbow was the bomb, but mystichrome looks way better.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't mean to sound like a snob, but along with my recent purhcase of a Gen 1 Viper, my stable includes:
1994 Viper
2005 Toyota Sienna
2005 Ford 500

:lmao:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its ok, my Viper did some friendly smack downs on him in the past :)

Course it was an 02 ACR... Todays Viper is a little quicker...

To bad I'm not still in Cary Eric... I'd shows you more of the same ;-)

Welcome to the BEST side of American Muscle!!

Jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302