Newbie from Boston here just introducing myself

mikescg

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello there, i am mike from boston, in a few hours i will be a 1st time viper owner, i am flying down to Buhler Dodge to pick up my new 2005 commemorative srt10, needless to say i am very excited!

i have owned many vettes (9), a few nsx's (3), and many porsches (5), the last being a 2004 turbo cabriolet that was highly modded

after doing some research, much of it here on the board, i decided it was time to get back to american muscle and thus the Viper.

i wanted to thank you for some great info that made my decision process much easier, and i also found my car and selling dealer here on the forum!

i know that........ :needpics:

so i will be sure to post when i return to boston later tonight, looking forward to being an active member around here

mike

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to our club, the commemoritve editions are quite stunning and pictures dont do them justice. Sounds like your timing will work out with the impending northeaster heading your way saturday.

OP
OP
M

mikescg

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like your timing will work out with the impending northeaster heading your way saturday.

great timing indeed, just enough time to get it back into my garage, well at least i can get a few mods done while the snow is on the ground!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Congrats Mike!

Enjoy your trip to Eatontown! I always do!

Worthless without pics? Here's a "starter" from Buhler's site...GORGEOUS SRT!:

142005commem_1_-med.jpg

and the original advertisement:

14Whiteblue2-med.jpg

14Whiteblue-med.jpg

Eagle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike, Welcome, maybe we can get together in the spring, i live in Saugus. Good luck with the Viper that combo is beautiful. They have one in Danvers, but they usually jack the price way up. Eagle

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello there, i am mike from boston, in a few hours i will be a 1st time viper owner, i am flying down to Buhler Dodge to pick up my new 2005 commemorative srt10, needless to say i am very excited!

i have owned many vettes (9), a few nsx's (3), and many porsches (5), the last being a 2004 turbo cabriolet that was highly modded

after doing some research, much of it here on the board, i decided it was time to get back to american muscle and thus the Viper.

i wanted to thank you for some great info that made my decision process much easier, and i also found my car and selling dealer here on the forum!

i know that........ :needpics:

so i will be sure to post when i return to boston later tonight, looking forward to being an active member around here

mike

It looks like we got a few things in common man.

1) I just became a firs time Viper owner this wek
2) I used to live in MA before coming to MI. I lived in Winthrop.

Congrats on the new snake. Very awesome color combo. Have fun and be safe.

Fadi

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Mike, from a fellow NE VCA member! Very nice color combo. I have a W/B as well.

Gen 1.5 96 RT/10. You'll get lost of head turns, trust me.

Hope to see you at our spring kick off event. Always a good one, except when it rains like last year...

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats,Mike, and welcome to the Viper Nation,a/k/a "the darkside"! Hope you get back ahead of the storm-latest forecast looks like your area is in for some heavy snow. Enjoy your new Snake-those CE's look really good! :2tu:

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't paak yoah two doah caah in Haavaad Squaah? I used to Live in Mass. and talked like that.

Have a great time and enjoy.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome, my brother from another Mother :)

crayne hurst

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome,Newbie.
I have not been on forum in long long while.Ive had 4 vipers,and still have 2,im out on the tip of cape cod.
When the weather gets better take a ride down this way.
Not any vipers out here.Im picking up a ford GT next week.
Seems alot of viper owners like GTs also.

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the family. If you have been to this board before then you know the knowledge floating around here. From that list of previous cars, you are no stranger to performance auto. I think you will be pleased with your decision, I certainly was after I bought mine. Again, WELCOME!!!!

Doc

Ghetto2315

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mikescq,

That Buhler Dodge wouldnt happen to be in Eatontown, NJ would it?

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike- Nice Car, only one of its kind in New England.

The Viper Club is meeting at F1 Boston on Feb. 26 for some Kart Racing. Your welcome to join us...

-Jeff

OP
OP
M

mikescg

Viper Owner
Reaction score
mikescq,

That Buhler Dodge wouldnt happen to be in Eatontown, NJ would it?

yes it was buhler in eatontown, and i have to say that from the salespeople to the finance office to the owner, they were all great to deal with, i flew into Newark, they picked me up at the airport and once at the dealership, i was shown all over the store, and intoduced to the owner, they went over the car in detail with me and then i was off for the ride home. all in all it was a great buying experience with a great bunch of people, i highly recommend them, this is coming from someone who was in the new car business for 14 years, so i tend to be a little jaded, but i can't say enough about the people at buhler.

Ghetto2315

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy to hear that it was Buhler of Eatontown, NJ. They are a local dealership from me and I have seen several Viper's that they have displayed. Very nice people to deal with, so I am happy to hear that you had a great experience with them.

Just curious... you drove your snake home all the way to Boston or you had it trailored??

OP
OP
M

mikescg

Viper Owner
Reaction score
drove the car home on friday afternoon, varying speed/rpms and not exceeeding 4k rpms, 277 miles without incident, changed the oil saturday morning and i was able to get another 100 miles on the car and had it back in the gargare before the snow started falling, unfortunately we got 17+ inches of snow, so the viper probably won't see the road for a couple of months.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
drove the car home on friday afternoon, varying speed/rpms and not exceeeding 4k rpms, 277 miles without incident, changed the oil saturday morning and i was able to get another 100 miles on the car and had it back in the gargare before the snow started falling, unfortunately we got 17+ inches of snow, so the viper probably won't see the road for a couple of months.
Mike,glad to hear you made it back home ahead of the storm.I thought it might be close-had my fingers crossed for you,since we all know Vipers and snow are not a good combination! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang