Nitrous

AMong

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off , I know where and how to use the search function, I tried it and came up with bits and pieces, but no straight forward answer.

Im looking for some cheap HP , for the meantime until I get the supercharger set up - and then still maybe be able to use the kit after that install as well.

My question is: What is the best Dry N20 system for the viper ?
Its a cast piston motor - im looking at spraying a 100 shot or maybe a 150 if a dry system can supply that ?

I was looking into the " bottle in a bag " system from compucar , as it seems like a super easy intall and removal, with very cost effective power gains ( 350 bucks ) .

I dont want to skimp on anything, and I want to do it right, Im willing to pay the money, but at the same time dont want to spend a ridiculous amount on a wet system.

Is there anything else I should do while installing the nitrous ? Like a Vec2, plug wires or something ?

The motor is bone stock with the exception of smooth tubes ( ACR ) , filters and a cat and resonator delete (stock muffler is still in place).

Thanks in advance.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best: NX Express, I've (and many of my friends)had it for several years

100 wet shot with a cast picton should be OK, I have forged and 300 shot.

DO NOT USE DRY SYSTEM WITH 100HP JETS!
(Unless you want to melt catsize holes in your pistons.) Wet system does not cost ridiculous amounts, around $900-1200, depending what you want.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a new NOS 5180 dry shot kit, but I would use it in conjuction with a VEC 2 so more gas could be added and the car could be tuned properly. I was going to put them on my next car, but that seems far off, so make me an offer. Keep in mind a new NOS 5180 goes for $1000 as does the VEC 2.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WET ONLY. but with a VEC2 it would be a maybe on 100 shot for me. but i like to be safe with my car

and NX is the best for sure.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 75 dry shot for awhile...car ran great with it...but I wasn't to confortable about not adding fuel...and I wanted more power ;)

I have a 200 shot now, wet, and LOVE IT.

Been spraying on the cast pistons w/o any problems...but I did take the time to research and tune on the dyno. :2tu:

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the viper dry systems are borderline, the viper PCM doesn't always do as expected. Wet is simple and safe. just take it straight to the dyno for an a/f baseline.

OP
OP
A

AMong

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so it it safe and reasonable to do a 200 wet shot with a vec2 and tune it on the dyno ?

also now looking for a used NX wet kit and Vec2 - cheap cheap cheap :) pm me

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also intereted in adding nitrous- probably 150 to 200 wet shot. I was looking at the differant packages- do you also need a bottle heater, and bottle opener? They add a lot to the price.
Also, I have a vec 2. Can I just get roe to send me an updated program for nitrous, or do I have to gte it on a dyno.
Thanks
Gary

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
heater is definite. open is a waste of money if ya ask me.

yes, sean has my card on file for ya. i also fire it with the vec2. its my WOT and RPM switch. talk to sean about that

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but ya still need to get on the dyno before ya use it. my car always runs rich so i needed to take out fuel.

ALWAYS dyno tune before using nitrous.

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plumcrazy-
So I need the Dyno so I can send it to Sean and he can adjust the a/f with the vec 2? That is unless I can find a dyno tuner around here that is familiar with the vec2 which I doubt.
Did you do the install yourself and if so was if very difficult? I read the directions and it didn't sound that hard.
Thanks
Gary

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did it myself with help from a few guy here thru emails. but it really is easy. its not hard to do. take your time and PLAN things out ahead of time. like where ya wanna run wires and how to get them there. same for the lines.

the dyno is easy. it can be tuned by the guy who owns the dyno im sure but then have the vec2 cards tweaked to make it safer.

sean has my original tunes if ya want them. he had to pull a lot of fuel out as my car was running rich on the juice. but talk to him about making you a baseline card to get started. and if ya want to use the vec2 as a wot and rpm switch, he can do it for ya too. it makes my system even easier.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SYNFULL, i bet with promise of beer and food, you could convince me and lauri to drive over one day with ours and give ya a hand or show what needs to be done.

im in NNJ. he's in PA

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plumcrazy,
That sounds like an interesting proposition, and I appreciate the offer. Considering that I have not met any vca members yet, nor been to any viper events it would be a first for me. We could even wait until the pool is open and I could fire up the BBQ (I am a caterer BTW).
I am sure it would save me lots of time and aggravation to actually see where you guys put stuff. I installed the vec2 myself and changed my rotors, brakes,stereo and battery so I am a little mechanical.
Thanks
Gary

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heed the advise here, they know what they are talking about. Nitrous is a great power adder, fairly cheap and fairly safe. If you don't have a VEC2 get a window switch, I am now a firm believer in those. Definite dyno runs before and after install. Just remember that it is always better to be a little rich than to lean. I am a ******* when it comes to anything electrical, so I had friends install my system. Bottle heaters are a must but a bottle opener is a waste in my opinion. I don't have the # handy but Nitro Daves in Texas sell the kits for Vipers and are a great bunch of people. But, if you get like me and a lot of others, you will want more!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nitro daves is the place to go. dave helped me a lot. and also look into dynotune for parts if ya need them. they have a great pressure transducer for ya. much better than the NX one.

SYNFULL, how far from the NJ/PA border are ya ?

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you get serious and need a system, let me know, I have a complete nitrous/propane system with a brand new solenoids and lines. The propane is optional. I can also email you my nitrous card for the vec. The lines are a 6AN and the solenoids are the highest flow street models that NOS supplies.

I will help you get it going also, I can walk your dyno operator right thru the vec tuning process. Take a look in "My Gallery", I have a schematic for setting up the electrical portion of the nitrous system with all the accessories. I am updating it and will be posting a new schematic with a two stage system and a progressive controller included.