NJ / NY-CT AUTOCROSS EVENT!!!

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My Stohr's motor went south at LRP back on 9/23 and finally pulled it and out and got it to a bike shop only to hear not good news. I'm trying hard to source another Yamaha 99-00 YZFR1 motor to make this event but it's not looking good.

I am signed up. Do you know anyone who would let me share their snake as a second driver (preferably 01 or later with ABS) and I will pay for their entry fees and more if necessary. I really want to help keep NY on top. Please let me know.

I also own trailers and support gear and can transport the car enclosed. Chuck, Scott, Steve & Tom will vouch for me...I will put you car high on the sheet and maybe more.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: New York Club Surrender Immenient?

I'm taking all this in and when we leave with the Venom CUP I will be lmao :nana: Adrian

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

okay then. I needed to know for the tire situation. Guess I'll wait till Thursday to decide.

Morgan, If you can deal with no ABS, you can drive mine, no problem. Chuck's told me a few things about you. Lets see. DO I want to go before you or after you ?

That's another thing. How will the order be determined?

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Morgan, sorry about the engine. I asked some bike guys for help, but haven't heard anything.

I guess the NY/CT side is using quality over quantity!

In regards to parking lot 18, is that north/south/east/west of the stadium?

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

thanks Tom...do you know any bike salvage yards in our area?

Andrew...I just sent you an email..

Morgan

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wish the NY/CT region could generate more drivers! We're an excellent weekend crew....but weekdays seem to be a bit tough for most of us.

Right now, I'm just hoping the weather holds up. NJ's sure put a LOT of effort into this!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey, most of us need to work. I could understand not being able to do a weekeday. I got lucky this time.

What I can't understand is with all the many thousands that guys put into thier cars, I thought most of the Viper Club, especially the President and Vice President, were independently wealthy and work was not a concern, so what's the problem? jk, lol.

It's okay Scott, I know you just got new tires. Don't want to wear them out to quick. Chuck says you get 30K miles on a set of Pilots.

Look out NJ !!!

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's Tuesday Afternoon and I have been watching the weather for Friday. I have this posted as a rain or shine event. However I would like to get a head count as to who will actually show up if it rains that day. Naturally monsoon or very heavy rains constitutes a rain out, but light rain or scattered showers would keep this event alive. We have obligations to the BBQ company as well as the track officials to give them 48 hours notice. If by chance we do get a rain out, your money will be returned.

Our main goal is safety then fun. Think of it this way, if you take your car out in the rain, you have the rest of the winter to clean it. And you are right I have so much time invested in this I hate to cancel because of rain. Let's just hope it pushes back one more day into Saturday.

Please get back to me ASAP so we can make the proper decision for this event.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am IN ! I don't care if Anti Em is calling me from a crystal ball, I want to do this Autocross. But I can appreciate if NJ wants to fold. If we cancel, I hope we reschedule!

Guess I am on hold till final word comes down.

AC

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am there too although I still want to have driven the S2K instead of the Viper!!!! :evilmad:

Any way to allow me to still compete with the S2K???? :D

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tiger keeps forgetting that this is a Venom Cup Event. You need a Viper to compete for your region. Enough said, I'll leave it to you guys to give him crap if he show up with the rice burner. LOL

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a Gen 1, you know, one of those chronic "leakers."
I only have a soft top, the kind that looks like a bad toupee and catches wind under the front lip.
My door speakers are now waterproof... because they have to be.
I laid down a line of black silicone inside the rear glass to act as a rain gutter.
The side curtain foam is dried, crumbly, and robustly built back up with Home Depot weatherstripping.
The trunk leaks are now limited to where the bolts pass through the body for the hinges.
My "hood speakers" have long faded and are starting to rust.
I bought one of those early full car covers and found out it's a big sponge in the rain. (Where do you dry it?)

Each one can be fixed with a credit card.

Beating NJ... in the rain... pricelesssssss.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just heard Channel 4 news, forecast friday: NO RAIN ! Clouds in the afternoon, rain Saturday into Sunday !

Look out NJ,

AC

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

OFFICIAL NOTICE TO NEW YORK/CONN/MAYBERRY REGION

THE NEW JERSEY CREW HAS ARRANGED FOR TOWING SERVICE FOR YOUR CARS FOR YOUR RETURN TRIP HOME. A GREYHOUND HAS ALSO BEEN ORDERED IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE AFTER THE WARM UPS. ADRIAN, CHECK OUT THE GROIT'S GARAGE SITE. GREAT SALE ON MICROFIBER TOWELS AND NEW CARBUBA WAX. THE NJ CREW WOULD PREFER IF YOU WOULD APPLY 2 COATS THAN A SEALER, WITH A GOOD POWER BUFF TO END YOUR EFFORTS. WE ESTIMATE, 40 NJ CARS X 4-6 HOURS PER CAR (BOBBY WILL NEED THE EXTRA 2 HOURS TO GET HIS TOP ON FOR YOUR BUFFING)MEANS YOU CAN BE FINISHED BY NEXT MONDAY. YOU CAN SLEEP IN THE NJ CREW'S FITWELL RACING TRAILER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO TAKE THE GREYHOUND.

I AM IN SUNNY NEW ORLEANS THIS MORNING BUT AM HEADING HOME FOR THE BIG "X". AS ADDED INCENTIVE FOR MY NJ BROTHERS TO WIN THIS THING, IF NJ LOSES, I AGREE TO BUY THE WHOLE NY/CONN CREW A BEER AFTER THE EVENT, PROVIDED THAT ADRIAN MUST WEAR A NJ MILONAS TEE SHIRT DURING THE POST RACE CEREMONIES WHILE SINGING BORN TO RUN. ONLY KIDDING, I WILL BUY THE BEERS ANYWAY, BECAUSE BROTHER ADRIAN WILL NEED SOME REFRESHMENTS FROM HIS CAR WASH DUTIES.

BOB CARROLL

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No rain? There goes the NJ weight advantage - all the water that would have collected in the car and added ballast won't be there.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Tom, I've seen some of the NJ guys. Beleive me, there is a weight issue, and I don't think it will be an advantage.

AC

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

too funny now you guys are making FAT jokes. i guess i hae to fill my trunk with sand bags

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So the race is on boys :) ))))))))) see you all there Friday brite and early.....the NY/CT crew will have our tire truck there at 7:30am with slicks mounted and ready to put on our cars :)