No Brake Lights........ any ideas????

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,
So I took my 97 GTS out today and a friend of mine driving behind tells me my brake lights are not working! I pull over to check and sure enough they are dead, not a thing.

I first thought fuse but have been unable to locate a fuse for the brake lights??? My only other thought is switch but I really dont no where exactly it is or what it looks like.

If anyone has any ideas or has seen this happen please help me! :dunno:

Jonathan

p.s I feel like I only ever ask questions, I hope some day I can answer a few :)

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The switch is a plunger that extends when the brake pedal moves out of the way. It might be stuck "in" or the connection might be bad. You should find it easily by looking at the brake pedal shaft under the dash.

OP
OP
M

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I have tested the switch and it seems that this is the problem. Connection is bad (thank you Tom). I spoke with Chuck about getting the part, and he gave me the part No. and told me to check locally first. If I cant get it here he will send me the part, so problem sorted :) Thanks Chuck!

Thank you Venomiss, Ill use the search function first next time!

Jonathan

V

Venomiss

Hi Jonathan,

The B/L switch is headed your way and thank you!:cool:

Cheers
Chuck
That was nice of you to help him! Maybe we can talk him into joining the VCA one day-he could get that magazine subcription to viper magazine and come to the U.S. to pick up his 2008 from the raffle.......:D

OP
OP
M

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was nice of you to help him! Maybe we can talk him into joining the VCA one day-he could get that magazine subcription to viper magazine and come to the U.S. to pick up his 2008 from the raffle.......:D

You know what, I think Im going to be doing that. At first I thought there was not much I would get out of joining the VCA (living in Scotland) but have since realised that I will get plenty just from the help on this forum to justify the small amount of $$$ :smirk:

So if someone wouldnt mind telling me the best way to join? and if I join now is it just to the end of the year? Any information would be a great help :2tu:

V

Venomiss

Here is the information to join in this thread.
http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=603453

They also have a fax at JRT that might work better for you-1-248-553-2138.

Try and talk with Beth if possible.
And if you join I just may have to send you a package from the states....;)

We'll be looking for your avatar with your Viper soon!

V

Venomiss

Come and join in on the SRT engineering chat starting now and goes for the next two hours!:D

OP
OP
M

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brake lights are now working, Chuck is da Man!!!

As soon as I get a spare few mins ill be joining the VCA :D (looking forward to my package ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang