No Drone...No Alimony.....

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attention All Married Viper Owners...

You know...the best days of my life seem to always revolve around my wife and family. So it was with great concern for my marriage when my wife informed me that she would NOT be riding in my Viper until I got rid of the absolutely mind numbing interior drone that the Borla catback system (installed by the dealer prior to delivery) produced. Without faulting the dealership or Borla (since some of you may have the same system without my "drone" problem)I began an extremely sincere search for an exhaust package that would eliminate,or, at the very least, drastically reduce this sound within the car. I loved the outside Borla boom but detested the interior Borla drone. Since most of my 2001 expendable income goes to Jon at PartsRack I decided that he was the man to set my marriage back on track. And you guys thought Jon just sold Viper parts...
Anyway, after much discussion Jon and I both agreed that the Belanger system was the one that would do the job and still provide that Viper musclecar sound. We shipped the system to my Viper Tech in Dallas for installation and my wife and I have lived Happily-Ever-After.
Thanks Belanger....thanks Jon....now if I could just figure out how to hire Jon away from PartsRack...

C Stegall
2001 GTS

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sigh. My wife Liz really enjoyed the Viper back when it was stock.
Then I added the Belanger headers & exhaust. Great sound, but Liz declared it too loud, especially after the 3" high-flow cats were added.
I removed the Belanger bullet mufflers and installed Power Effects mufflers. Liz was happy again.
Then I installed Hennessey Venom heads and CDI headers. Car is again loud and raspy. Wife is again unhappy.
Next up: side sill mufflers.

I can see where this is leading -- hennessey Twin Turbos. "Honey, the turbos will make it much quieter, really!"

It just never ends.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eric Schieve:
Could be that alimony is the only permanent way to eliminate the drone.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL
I was thinking the same. Find out what the true source of the drone is and eliminate that.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cstegall:
Attention All Married Viper Owners...
..........my wife informed me that she would NOT be riding in my Viper until I got rid of the absolutely mind numbing interior drone ......Since most of my 2001 expendable income goes to Jon at PartsRack I decided that he was the man to set my marriage back on track........Jon and I both agreed that the Belanger system was the one that would do the job and still provide that Viper musclecar sound.......my wife and I have lived Happily-Ever-After.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

JonB & Dear Abbie! (Dear Jonnie?) Thanks, Clark, for the kind words and Belanger testimonial.......But beauty is in the ear of the beholder...........

I have had 4 customers actually make a special call to thank me on behalf of their pleased spouse! (ONE claimed his spouse had denied him more than her company in the Viper!) 2 were from happy CORSA customers, and 2 from happy Belanger customers. 3 traded in a "Borla Boomer" that is loved by Harley Owners. 1 traded in a SnakeOyl. [ YES-PartsRack Takes Trades!] Borla lovers swear by them as the bst sound! PartsRack has 1 nice USED Corsa 2.5" & a very nice MoPar(Borla)used in stock. Your Choice: $849/$895.

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric and Chuck,

Your solution to permanently remove the drone is appreciated but would just not work here in Texas. As we are a "community property" state I am sure that she would get the half of the viper that contains the engine (and not the half that was causing the drone)...

C Stegall

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LARoadster,
My bride "helped" me read your post...sleeping on the sofa tonite but your idea has been filed under "just in case".

Thanks,
Clark

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a resident now in Florida that might also have some advice. His name is OJ something. I'll try to remember his name and post it.

Disclaimer: Meant to be a slam against the OJ person mentioned as well as our pathetic legal system and by no means suggest any physical action against one's loved ones.

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
We have a resident now in Florida that might also have some advice. His name is OJ something.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I know him ... doesn't drive real fast, but when I asked him about viper exhausts and complaining wives he seemed to cut right to the heart of the matter. Everything's one-liners with him though, but here's some of his advice ...

- If the Borla don't drone, you must atone.
- Stab her in the neck, what the heck!
- If it resonate, just flee the state.
- Grab a bloody glove and just give it a shove ... (I think he was babbling about packing the mufflers with gloves to dampen the resonance or something ... I dunno, he drifts in and out a bit.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte