No Front Plate in Nebraska

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So me and 2 of my Mopar buddies are heading to the last car show of the year here in Omaha when in my tail lights i am being followed by a police officer a block away from the show. The lights come on and I pull over and get the dreaded fix it ticket for no front plate. Yes I am guilty and new the day would come some day. I have 5 days to fix it and think there is no way to get a bracket that fast.

I leave a message for Jon B who I know is out of town till Tuesday on the bracket and low and behold on Thursday it is in my mail box. You just do not get customer service like that these days. I can not thank Jon enough for rushing the delivery without even asking.

Awesome job Jon.

Now to get my ticket signed.

Rave Reveiw
Bruce

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Congrats BlknBlu, you are now among many registered, repeat-offenders in my NO-PLATE-SCOFFLAW file.

Slither is right... run the plate a while til U get some dead bugs on it....then pop it off (5 seconds) and keep in the trunk, bugs and all. Bugs collect better with lights on, evenings.

If you get stopped, you say, "whaahahah? I musta took it off for the car wash...its in my trunk." Then you show you have nuthin to hide, pop your trunk/hatch, to see the bug-splatted plate.! Install the plate in 5 seconds flat. Voila!

Of course, if the SAME COP then stops you AGAIN, you got some 'splainin to do.......

We have even had owners order the bracket, PRINT the order, and take that printout to court. Or, keep printout in the glove box as proof they have it ordered, while they await the delivery. "Backordered" they say!

In any case, thanks for the kind words..... proud to be associated with such recidivistic scofflaws across North America!

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan to avoid that panic call to JonB for as long as possible! :nono:

I live close enough to WV (no front plate state) that I think the cops don't pay much attention to it here. They could have written at least 50 tickets at the last cars and coffee.

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Works for black/dark colors, use a piece of clear bra material under and it will come off clean when you want it to.

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Texas you just need to take a photo of the car and take the photo in to the police station to get it corrected. I took double sided tape and stuck the plate on, took the picture, then took it to the station and had it thrown out. Its really a bogus ticket...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In states that send out two plates, the LEOs claim to have 2 issues:

1) ID-ing your car from the front (red-lite-cameras etc) or visually by eye, or lazer...

2) If you can get away with front-only in a 2-plate state, you could use the 2nd plate on another cars rear !

So as long as you have BOTH plates in the registered car, especially with one a Front mounting bracket even in the trunk, you will most likley get a warning ...or get nothing. Some courts allow you to send in a photo or an invoice, showing you ordered the bracket.

Reaction score
In Nebraska they don't have anything else to do but collect revenue for the front plates. Even if in the trunk I have had customers get a ticket just driving to and from us! Some officers just like to hassle you cause they can I guess.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's kind of funny that in CA, about half the cars on the road have no front plate. I've had out of state visitors comment about the law, or lack thereof. About the only times I've heard of anyone getting a ticket is if they're teenagers driving a ricer, or if they mouthed off to a cop at the time of a stop. With CA being so anal about everything else, it's funny that they don't seem to care about the plate issue much at all. Of course, I probably just jinxed it...

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are two plates required here in Ohio. Do you single plate states have the option to buy just one plate?

1buddyc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably wont be too far off until the 2-Plate States realize they can cut their Plate Making expense in half by just requiring 1 plate. And, they'll probably double the License Fees to boot. Win-win for them...