NOS? How Much is too much for a 96-99 Gen II?

CrimePays

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is a question that I just can not seem to get an answer. I have a GenII GTS 99' with a ROE 10lb and all the goodies. I want to spray the car hard for a 9sec 1/4 mile. Does anyone know just how much the bottom end can take? It is my understanding the GenII 96'-99' has the best bottom end but can anyone tell me just how much it can take? Also what is the weakest link of the bottom end for these years? I am looking to spray a SC motor with 750RWHP with 150-250 shot. What can it handle? Experts only please.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you have 750rwhp, id be carefull how much ya spray. im not sure of the math but a 45 shot gets you more like a 100rwhp gain cause of the cooling. and there is NO definite answer on what a forged bottom end can handle. most will agree up to and including 800rwhp or so but ya never know.

id call sean roe, on the amount of spray as i know he had a car on his dyno with similiar numbers to waht you're talking about.

and tator had a roe spraying to get somewhere in the 850 range i think. he had a thread on it here somewhere

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forged bottom end? What? The bottom end as crank and rods and so on.... all of that is the same.

The only quality difference in the gen 2 engines is the pistons.

The biggest question is how well is your car tuned. If you're running lean or rich will determine the answer for you.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all in the tune. I have a very similar set up. Putting down 800RWHP and 970 RWTQ on a Roe w/NOS. I wouldn't do more than a 100 shot. I would bet you'll be close to 900HP/1000TQ. I wouldn't want to go any higher than that without a built motor. Others have found that the main caps will allow the crank to shift. Good luck,

OP
OP
C

CrimePays

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been working closly with Sean Roe and Chuck Taytor is the Tuner doing the work. I know I have the right guys on the job but I am looking to push things further than they have in the past and they both seem to think there are guys on the forum spraying more than they have in the past on this set up of 150HP NOS.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the street, I don't use the NOS. But on the track I use the BFG DR's. Which grab pretty good. I am waiting to hear about the Kumho's to come out or some feed back on the Nittos. The BFG's don't go around corners very well, so I'll wait to see feedback on the other two.

OP
OP
C

CrimePays

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have found the NX Viper dry kit and the BTR system. Anyone on the forum using either system with a Roe SC?