Not sure if it's just me, ac fan speed seems low even on high

SNIPERDOG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My ac fan seem to not push out the volume I am used to,., is it just me or a common issue?
It works slower on lower speeds, but the high doesn't seem to be very high at all

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does it seem slow right off, in other words as soon as you start the car for the first time in the day? If it seems to slow down after you've been driving a while with the AC on your AC is probably freezing up. Happened to both my 08 and my 09. Low charge causes this. If it happens right away (before AC would even have the chance to freeze), I would say bad fan motor.

OP
OP
S

SNIPERDOG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No, just very low volume out of the gate
But it is very consistent abs has never not worked

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:crazy2: If it's on a Gen 3, it's very easy to remove fan blower motor , dis-assemble, clean & lubricate. I had to do mine & now it works great. :drive:

Alteredego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Catch it before it takes out the resister. those are pricey for what they are. Mine did this and poped the resister on the way out. I replaced the fan but after sitting in the car upside down for 30 min I didnt do the resister so it only has high for now.

OP
OP
S

SNIPERDOG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:crazy2: If it's on a Gen 3, it's very easy to remove fan blower motor , dis-assemble, clean & lubricate. I had to do mine & now it works great. :drive:

is it above the passengers feet.,., accessed with out glove box removal?? I think I was able to bend my neck to look at it.,., just remove a 3 screws, it then might fall out.,,.
this it?
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
S

SNIPERDOG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
let me ask a diff question.,., now that its in my hand.,., how do you clean and lubricate it??

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
is it above the passengers feet.,., accessed with out glove box removal?? I think I was able to bend my neck to look at it.,., just remove a 3 screws, it then might fall out.,,.
this it?
You must be registered for see images attach
Yep, that's it. Looks like water got into it. It's very easy to dis assemble & clean. I used brake cleaner with some wire bruches and a good air compressor. Go to an auto electrical store and ask for grease for that type of motor.

OP
OP
S

SNIPERDOG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I took it out but could only figure out how the get the squirrel cage off
I squirted some wd-40 on the shaft and put it back in, looking to just get a new one

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will notice a 3/4" black drain hose which runs across the passenger area above the footwell and exits at the inner fender skirt behind the passenger front tire. This allows condensation to drain from the ventilation system. It might be a good idea to check that drain hose for possible clogging/pinching, seeing that rust is present in the blower motor (although your local climate's humidity could be responsible for that).

Last edited:

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took it out but could only figure out how the get the squirrel cage off
I squirted some wd-40 on the shaft and put it back in, looking to just get a new one

FYI...
I don't know how long you plan to use it before replacing with new, but...
WD-40 is only good as a penetrating oil to loosen something.In time it'll actually atract dirt and gum things up. Just use it to loosen nuts/bolt etc.
Use a lithium grease or similar for something like this.
Mike

OP
OP
S

SNIPERDOG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ten fo, I have already ordered a new motor, will have it next week :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte