Numbers are in on my Twin Turbo build 1029rwhp

flatblack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice man!!! If you're heading to VOI, I'd love to get a ride along to feel the accelleration in that car

hyph

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great Todd. That RSI kit really makes some power.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those kits do seem like a great design with excellent power. My only concern would be the long term viability of the factory exhaust manifold. My original manifold developed a crack at 12,000 miles without the additional heat and weight of a turbocharger.

Will at RSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those kits do seem like a great design with excellent power. My only concern would be the long term viability of the factory exhaust manifold. My original manifold developed a crack at 12,000 miles without the additional heat and weight of a turbocharger.

Most of the turbo weight is supported by the exhaust outlet. Cracked manifolds do happen, but we see turbo kits that are 6-7 years old that are still fine.

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am hoping to travel to Dallas this week and drive it. I will give you a report.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am hoping to travel to Dallas this week and drive it. I will give you a report.

VERY NICE Viper......YOU ARE GONNA LOVE IT...........CONGRADULATIONS..........BE very very careful driving it for awhile......don't wanna hear you crashed it......It will get away in a New York minute unless you have some M/T Street radials on it........:omg: :drive::wow::yay::drive: :2tu:

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Utah is one of the more skilled drag racers on here. He'll be fine.

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since when did a car with 500 lbft of torque and pulling low 12's from the factory become painfully slow? Yea, this car still scares me.

hyph

Viper Owner
Reaction score
VERY NICE Viper......YOU ARE GONNA LOVE IT...........CONGRADULATIONS..........BE very very careful driving it for awhile......don't wanna hear you crashed it......It will get away in a New York minute unless you have some M/T Street radials on it........:omg: :drive::wow::yay::drive: :2tu:

I told Todd he could borrow my MT ET Streets while he was test driving it :)

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Mine has 30,000 miles & no signs of any cracks.:dunno: :nono:

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very happy with the results of this kit by RSI. I love the fact they are using factory headers and they make good power. The factory headers are so much more robust than after market headers. The risk of cracks and header failure is much less than after market headers.

Once you get used to 1000whp then 500whp is slow. I dont like the thought of a mustang pulling up beside me and laying the beat down on me either. I still have to worry about it but it would not be very likely now.

Trying to make my way to VOI 12 so I am looking for an available ticket. Let me know if you know someone that is trying to let theirs go.

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Christ! That is some crazy power numbers on pump! Once again why I sold the Supra and bought a Viper, no need for Q16 or E85 with this 8.0 V10. How much does the stage 3 kits go for? RSI is doing an awesome job with these latest Viper TT's coming out.

The thing that is amazing is that this was done on stock internals, headers, and intake manifold!? Wow!

What does the stage 3 consist of?

Last edited:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to make it clear, I'm not bagging on this kit or trying to bad mouth it in any way. My comment, regarding the potential of a cracked header comes from my own observation of my original factory header in a bone stock application. Mind you, I had no idea that a crack was present in the header until I removed them during the cylinder head swap to the Striker heads.

Stainless steel's coefficient of expansion is much greater than mild steel, essentially it grows more than common steels as temperature changes occur. The factory header is probably (I'm not certain of this) 409 grade stainless. It is a commonly used stainless steel by the OEM's. It's great for most exhaust applications but is at the bottom of the totem pole in terms of quality stainless steel. The next best choice which is commonly used by the aftermarket is 304, Corsa is an example as well as Borla exhaust's. The best choice for ultra high temp applications and undisputed by any engineer is 321 Stainless (their are better choices but they cost big money, Monel). 321 is the obvious choice for turbo charged applications, as it can withstand the extreme temperature cycling that occurs in a turbocharged application. Some of you with a keen eye may have noticed that most OEM's use a cast exhaust manifold for turbocharged applications. Quality castings tend to be more stable in their overall rate of expansion. Additionally you'll note that piping will be installed with a flexible joint, which allows expansion without the transfer of stress downsteam.

Again just to restate what I've stated before, I think that this kit looks like a great design, specifically at such a resonable price point. That said I would stock up on factory exhaust manifolds if your going to run it hard like it was designed to be run. As a side note, I've been into metals and welding for most of my life, it's a passion of mine. Back to the regularly scheduled program...............That car is going to boost the stock of whatever tire company you choose.:headbang:

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! 1105RWHP and 1165RWTQ! @ only 14.5 PSI!? Awesome build and tune guys.

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car will be at VOI if anyone wants to check it out. Im super excited that everything worked out to make it possible to go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang