NY/CT & NJ @ NJ Motorsports Track Day Aug. 13

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nader, all joking a side the cost of this event is alot and we also had the Poconos event in May. You need others to join to help with the cost so 3 track events would be hard so most clubs can only do it one time and we try to put a balance on how we use the club funds to make it fair to all the NY/CT members. This is the only reason...... $$$$$$$$$$. BUT if another club asked us to join in I will definite post and try to make it happen. Thanks, Adrian

Nader, AWESOME pictures and thanks for posting :2tu:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious what would be the cost without club funding? I am sure we can definitely get the same amount of cars for another event. I certainly would be willing to choke up some additional cash for another event so long as it is reasonable.

Nader, all joking a side the cost of this event is alot and we also had the Poconos event in May. You need others to join to help with the cost so 3 track events would be hard so most clubs can only do it one time and we try to put a balance on how we use the club funds to make it fair to all the NY/CT members. This is the only reason...... $$$$$$$$$$. BUT if another club asked us to join in I will definite post and try to make it happen. Thanks, Adrian

Nader, AWESOME pictures and thanks for posting :2tu:

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nader great pics :) It was great seeing you there and your car as always looked great.

Just getting back to the more events issue: This year we had 2 events one at Pocono and one at NJMP. Which if everyone agrees to we would like to continue for next year. If we committed to another event and did it by ourselves it means the club would be putting up aprox. $14,000 (the cost of an average event) The turn out we would need is 47 people at $300 just to brake even.

To me the thing to do would be to possibly add a 3rd driving event that we attend but not run. By piggy backing on somebody else's event the clubs funds are never at risk and we could all enjoy the event together. Best of both worlds

Adrian and I are working on a venue that may work out very well for the club and you would enjoy . Its has a drag racing /auto crossing component and not a true track event but trust me you will love it.

We hope to have something soon for you guys

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sucked that I missed Pocono but it is not easy to do it momorial day weekend. A piggyback event would be great and certainly interested in hearing about this other event you are planning.

By the way Steve, your ACR is amazing. You can really drive that thing. You were tearing up the track. Do you find the added downforce of the ACR helps on a shorter, more tecnical track?

My car felt a bit twitchy out on the track which made me a bit nervous, expecially rounding the last turn onto the straight. There was a slight bump there that would unsettle the car. At 80-90. it was a bit scary...

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Nader
Its a toss up, the ACR ground effects work better on the faster turns and slows the car in the straights. So it actually is better suited for faster tracks as long as the straight isn't to long and you hit top speed.The ACR has a top speed of only 175 that we almost hit at Pocono.

That last turn is amazing at Lightning you just have to trust the banking

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, you did a great job and thanks for instructing my friends that came along.

Nader= if you still want to run NASA has a lot of events still planned Pocono/Monticello/Watkins/NJMP=Thunderbolt. There are usually other vipers there (not many).