NY/CT Region Fall Foliage Cruise - October 21

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here we go again!

2402scenic_lift.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Directions:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From the New York Metro Area (incl. NJ):[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NYS Thruway North to Exit 17 to I-84 East [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]to Taconic Parkway North [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]to Route 295 East, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]to Route 22 North to Route 43 East. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Four miles on Route 43 to Brodie Mountain Road. Turn right. Watch for Jiminy Peak on your right hand side.[/FONT]

Meeting:

9:30AM
NYS Thruway Ardsley Rest Area (Just north of exit 6 and tolls)
(We'll add more meeting spots based on participants)

Schedule:

12:30PM - BBQ Lunch
1:30PM - Activities

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]New for 2007: [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Alpine Super Slide[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]To celebrate 30 years of Alpine Slide fun at Jiminy Peak we are building a brand new Super Slide! Opening this summer, the Alpine Super Slide allows you to coast at your own speed through tunnels, dips, curves and turns on one of two identical tracks.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Ride Restrictions:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]*Minimum height – 48 inches[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]*Children age 5 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Mountain Coaster: [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Jiminy’s Mountain Coaster is the only one of it’s kind on the East Coast. Popular in Europe, the Coaster is thousands of feet of twisting, turning fun through the woods! You control your speed so you may take a leisurely ride or get your thrills at speeds up to 23 mph.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ride Restrictions:[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*Minimum height – 48 inches[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*Children age 5 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Scenic Rides: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Giant Swing: [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Ride to the summit of Jiminy Peak on the region's only six-passenger chairlift. At the top, you will be dazzled by unique and spectacular views of Mount Greylock and the Jericho Valley. After enjoying the views and exploring the summit board the Express for the descent back to the base area. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Push it higher on the Giant Swing - a screamalicious delight unlike any swing you've been on before, as you arc high into the sky with three of your friends![/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ride Restrictions:[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*Minimum height – 48 inches[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*Maximum weight – 300 lbs[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Rock Climbing Wall:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Euro-Bungee Trampoline:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Scale our rock climbing wall with automatic belay lines - a terrific challenge for kids and adults! The wall has three routes to the top! A beginner side for the first timers, an intermediate, and an advanced for the experienced climber [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Ride Restrictions:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]*Minimum climber weight - 50 pounds.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*Must wear closed-toe shoes or sneakers, no sandals.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]This is not your average backyard trampoline! Complete with bungees and a swivel harness. You can get big air and practice those flips and twists.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Ride Restrictions[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*Minimum weight – 35 lbs[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*Maximum weight – 250 lbs.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Twister Mountain: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mini-Golf:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Do you have what it takes to be King of the Mountain? [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]This summer, be the first to climb the one and only Twister Mountain™, exclusively at Jiminy Peak! Compete against your friends as you rush to the top to find out who will be the next King of the Mountain. Spin the dial to determine your next move, but tread cautiously – one false move and you’ll be out! [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Looking to improve your putting game or just spend some quality time with your family? Enjoy 9 fun-filled holes on our mini-golf course. [/SIZE][/FONT]

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx for posting all the info, Scott--looks like we won't be late after all!!! The activities sound like fun...looking forward to this! ~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bump--So, what is the status of Jiminy Peak the 21st?? A no -go? It would be the only event we'd be able to make for the rest of the driving season...hope it's not cancelled. :(
~juli

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I hope to hook up with you guys on this one. I am travekling back from Maryland early in the morning and to to meet you guys. I probably won't make the first meeting place but hope to at least find you at Jimmy Peak. Can anyone give me an Idea of travel time from central Jersey?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave when I did it last year I left from Central NJ and it was about 225 miles or so. I would say 3 1/2 hours to 4 hours going the speed limit. You could probably do 3 hours or so at 80 MPH.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to guarantee about 30. I'll check with everyone and see where we are with this event.

It's an awesome drive from the NYC area. About 2.5 hours if I remember correctly.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to guarantee about 30. I'll check with everyone and see where we are with this event.
It's an awesome drive from the NYC area. About 2.5 hours if I remember correctly.

Well, count Mike & myself in for sure...hope we can gather up the others~! It IS an awesome drive, and the activities there sound like tons of fun~~thanx Scott. :2tu: ~juli

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve Johnson, [email protected] our CT events director, has taken it upon himself to try to gather up 30 folks to make this happen. He's forwarding emails as I type. If you are interested, PLEASE fire him an email ASAP so we can secure this event. Our deadline is today! :(

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly, we've had to cancel this event due to our inablilty to reach the 30 participant minimum.

Oh well. :dunno: Maybe next year? :)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Scott for letting us know...we kinda figured...yeah, hopefully next year!! Enjoy the weekend! ~juli

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the event can be re-scheduled a little later in the year? I just came back from Canada last weekend through upstate NY and most of the trees were still green. I know last year we had a BLAST on this cruise!

Regards,
Aaron

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the event can be re-scheduled a little later in the year? I just came back from Canada last weekend through upstate NY and most of the trees were still green. I know last year we had a BLAST on this cruise!
Regards,
Aaron

We'd love that, as it's not very far for us, though we know it's pretty far for most of the NY/CT VCA members....let us know!! Thanx Aaron, glad someone else wants to go!! :)
~juli

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Regards,
Aaron
And ********** a few cops along the way too. But what's new! :headbang:

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Regards,
Aaron

Thought of that, but this is the last weekend that they're open for the alpine slide, etc. They break it all down to prepare for Skiing.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an interesting side-note about Jiminy Peak that was in our Albany paper this morning. They are installing windmills (we'd seen the HUMONGOUS turbines going by!) and going to use them to produce the snow this year, as well as energy. Would be cool to see them...so we may take a trip out there to look. ~juli

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they're referred to as "wind turbines", Juli. :D

This way they're installed without any risk of damage by Don Quixote. ;)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they're referred to as "wind turbines", Juli. :D
This way they're installed without any risk of damage by Don Quixote. ;)

Yep, that's what they were driving by~~the huge wind turbines. They are installing them in the first ski resort to use them...very cool!! We call them windmills here~~;) (There are windmill farms actually around us). ~juli

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi