O2 Simulator Problem/Question 2006 Coupe

BlackSRTCoupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just installed the Mopar Race exhaust on my 06 coupe, and I guess I was sent the wrong o2 sims. I hear that there is a mod you can do to make them work properly on the 2006. Hopefully someone can fill me in. I'm going to be forced to make these work, since they are virtually non existant now.

Thanks,
Ron

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never got my sims to work properly. The 02 portion worked just fine, but I guess some transmission components run on the same circuit. The check engine light kept popping up with a "P1719 (skip shift short or open circuit)code" It was recomended to me to try a few different things to make them work...none of those things worked. In the end, I ended up reconnecting the secondary o2 sensors and tied them up next to the transmission out in the open air. It's been like that for 4K miles now. No codes, no problems.

btw - what problem are you having?

OP
OP
B

BlackSRTCoupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As soon as we installed the exhaust, and the sims the check engine light came on immediately when the car was started. I might try what you suggested and tie them up somewhere under the car since you say that works. Unfortunately I can't pull the code since I have an 06. I was told I would have to go to the dealer to pull it, and I don't want to do that.

I installed the exhaust because I don't think the factory one was flowing well enough up top. You can see how the power was falling off pretty good on the big end with the stock stuff here. I didn't get a chance to re-dyno today after the install, but hopefully it helped.

You must be registered for see images

Thanks for the advice, any other input is greatly appreciated.

Ron

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What nitrous set up are you running?

If you know someone with a scanner such as the Snap On MT2500(almost any mechanic shop will have one) you could just go in through "OBD2 generic" and you wouldbe able to pull the code and clear it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine