official repair manual for 2008 viper

viper srt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello every body

I'm looking for an official or the best repair manual for my 2008 coupe viper, with clear figures and procedures

so what is your recommendation?

Reaction score
I have purchased A service repair manual from this web site :http://servicerepairmanuals.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=997

its good manual but not some removal or installation procedure arent clear and the figure as will. so is the repair manual from https://www.techauthority.com/ the same ?
We believe the manual is the same one they use at the dealerships, so it should be pretty complete. For example we learned about fascia brackets on the SRT10 truck yesterday - a body shop was struggling to get it to fit the bumper and the service manual showed what they were missing. They were glad we checked it for them!

OP
OP
V

viper srt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We believe the manual is the same one they use at the dealerships, so it should be pretty complete. For example we learned about fascia brackets on the SRT10 truck yesterday - a body shop was struggling to get it to fit the bumper and the service manual showed what they were missing. They were glad we checked it for them!

the one that i have bought is good, but not great and some procedures, figures and label are not clear that is why I'm looking for something similar to the dealer

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The service manual for the 2008s is a total joke (no matter the source).
They are all PC-only, and use an antiquated, unsupported-for-almost-a-decade format called SVG.
You can *try* to run them in a Mac with BootCamp or similar dumb-down software.....but it won't work.

If anyone finds a PDF or printed version, please let me know.
Thanks.

F

FrgMstr

The service manual for the 2008s is a total joke (no matter the source).
They are all PC-only, and use an antiquated, unsupported-for-almost-a-decade format called SVG.
You can *try* to run them in a Mac with BootCamp or similar dumb-down software.....but it won't work.

If anyone finds a PDF or printed version, please let me know.
Thanks.

Yeah, the format on the 08 service manual is a joke. It will not run on a modern day computer system, and trust me, I tried for a good while. My profession falls in the desktop computer arena and all my attempts were a failure. Luckily I have a older WinXP box at the house that it would run on.

If anyone has any suggestions about getting the information put into another format, I would be happy to help with that.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been frustrating for years getting and '08 and up service manual and looking at this thread it isn't getting any better.

I still use my hardcover '06 manual, it's a good resource since so much of the Gen IV's are the same.

OP
OP
V

viper srt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i already have 2008 service manual but as u said the format is joke !!

and i tried to operate on my mac but cannot, i couldnt find any software that can operate for me,

and the adope svg is not available any more !!

has any one tried the service repair manual from Mopar web site ???

F

FrgMstr

And once you put out the cash for it, YOU ARE SCREWED. I could not find a printed 08 service manual. Guess we could print off a page at time. Ugh.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you need to install legacy software, you might consider using a free virtual machine, which you can then install DOS or Windows of any vintage on, including XP. Pay for versions include software like VMWare (Fusion for Mac) and Parallels.

[url]https://www.virtualbox.org/

I[/URL] don't have the 2008 manual, though I'm thinking about it, but all I hear is that it is electronic format only. If it is this SVG that is being referred to there may be some ways to print/convert it or read it natively, provided it isn't locked down with DRM (Digital Rights Mangement).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Vector_Graphics

MI Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went to the local Dodge dealer today, (who is Viper/SRT Cert'd) and ask'd for the $$ of a service manual for my 2009, $760.00 for the complete set, schematics etc, it's a 5 book set??! i asked for just the basic service manual $$, and it was 250.00 dealer $$!
Anyway, I didn't order any of them, wanted to check here 1st and see where everybody get's their manuals from?
Thanks,
MI V.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So my official Mopar DVD OEM 2008 Viper service manual is unusable? I tried it in my Dell IE computer and it wouldn't work. I just bought it and it cost some dough. Just out of luck or...?
i already have 2008 service manual but as u said the format is joke !!

and i tried to operate on my mac but cannot, i couldnt find any software that can operate for me,

and the adope svg is not available any more !!

has any one tried the service repair manual from Mopar web site ???

MI Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So my official Mopar DVD OEM 2008 Viper service manual is unusable? I tried it in my Dell IE computer and it wouldn't work. I just bought it and it cost some dough. Just out of luck or...?

My dealer told me that they all came on CD's What OS is it suppose to work on?
MI V.

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My dealer told me that they all came on CD's What OS is it suppose to work on?
MI V.

You must download 'XPS Viewer' to read the CD on the newer versions of Windows. Mine worked fine on XP but need the XPS viewer to read it on Windows 7. (free download)

MI Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So where is everyone getting their Viper shop manuals from, SRT?
Thanks,
MI V.

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How do you go about downloading "XPS Viewer"?

I used 'Google Search'. Download/ install the correct XPS Viewer for YOUR operating system. You will have to open the program every time you read the CD. (stored under "Programs") I'd say I'm average computer savvy user yet it took me almost an hour to get it working properly.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you...I'm no computer **** but will give it a go.
I used 'Google Search'. Download/ install the correct XPS Viewer for YOUR operating system. You will have to open the program every time you read the CD. (stored under "Programs") I'd say I'm average computer savvy user yet it took me almost an hour to get it working properly.

MI Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, 0ne last try here, Where do folks get a copy of the Dodge Tech/shop manuals for a 2009 Gen.IV convert'? I can get them thru my local SRT dealer, (full set is $750) and if that is the answer, then cool.... Just was looking for some guidance from VCA members....
Thanks, and Merry X-mas and Happy New Year.
MI V

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, 0ne last try here, Where do folks get a copy of the Dodge Tech/shop manuals for a 2009 Gen.IV convert'? I can get them thru my local SRT dealer, (full set is $750) and if that is the answer, then cool.... Just was looking for some guidance from VCA members....
Thanks, and Merry X-mas and Happy New Year.

MI V

I think 99+% of us use the Factory Service manual CD.
If you want the information on paper consider printing out the CD. (I print out the pages as needed.)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

08 Viper coupe, full Belanger exhaust

MI Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
West,
Thanks for the reply, I should have been more detailed in saying that my SRT dealer parts guy says they are CD's also. I'm trying to confirm that the SRT dealer is the only place to get them. Actually, my little SRT dealer has a lot of Viper parts, and (3) 2013 SRT Gen V coupes in the showroom right now! Sat In the blackcoupe yesterday....
Merry X-mas and Happy New year.

Getnlwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it ca be bootleg'd -I just haven't gotten my hands on the disk to find out yet...

YET being the key word.