OK - fill me in.....DC. area let's cruise!!

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey DC area guys, What's this club all about?? I've had a gen 1 for a LONG time. I've been rolling around NOVA/DC for 10(+/-) years and never met anyone from the VCA?? What gives?

Let's catch up. I'll be heading out West on RT55 to Front Royal tomorrow (fri.8/21/09) around 11:00... From Front Royal I'll head South through Fort Valley to Luray then back east to Sperryville. From there I'll hang for a bit and do a mountain climb or two (west and back) .... Then it's East down 211 to 66 etc.....

I'll look for you..... if you're out there...

=J

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should try going ot one of the club events. We have had several good ones this year already and the fall cruises are coming up in about a month or so. We look forward to meeting you.

OP
OP
jdeft1

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should try going ot one of the club events. We have had several good ones this year already and the fall cruises are coming up in about a month or so. We look forward to meeting you.

Man, I wish... I work 3-11pm with Thurs/Fri off! I've been working this schedule for a LONG time! I never joined because I can't get the time to meet up..... I found that I enjoy the forum so decided to pay up and be official. There are a few guys who know me here... and I'd like to meet a few more locals. (hence this post).

Looking forward to the fall cruises but it's burning leave time for me....

= J

OP
OP
jdeft1

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So.........update...

I passed a Red/black stripe gen II on Rt. 211 around 13:00!! I've seen you before!!! We will meet one day....... Sorry I was going the other way and not in my viper.

= J

Last edited:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you get a chance PM me a good email address. The one your provided when you joined bounced back. I left you a message at home but never heard back.

Out of the country for 10 more days. We will get you out to something soon enough.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey James, do you work Sundays? We have a lunch up in Bel Air this Sunday and a few of us from NoVA will be driving up together. There are a few events coming up on the weekends that absolutely would be worth taking time off for. The VA/WV two-day cruise and the Western MD fall cruise are two drives that are an absolute blast. Hope you'll decide to come out and join us now that you're a club member!

If you get a chance you should come out to the Chik-Fil-A at Dulles Town Center on Friday night. There's a weekly cruise-in and some cool cars show up. There are a couple of us in the area who try to get out there when possible. Shoot me a PM if you do go so I can make sure to get out there!

Kelly

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So.........update...

I passed a Red/black stripe gen II on Rt. 211 around 13:00!! I've seen you before!!! We will meet one day....... Sorry I was going the other way and not in my viper.

= J

That was me! I’ve been planning to take a drive down 211 anyway and I saw your post at about 11:30pm today when I got off of work so I went out hunting for you. I got rained on pretty hard in Warrenton but the rest of the trip was great. There hadn’t been any rain on the mountains so the roads were all dry up there.

Even though I didn’t catch up with you, I had a wonderful time climbing the mountain on 211 and a very relaxing cruise up on skyline drive.

OP
OP
jdeft1

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been around for while... I've seen some of you guys out there but not while was in my viper...?!!.. I know some of you guys have seen me and thought: who's that? ... Yep, it was me.

My first viper spent alot of time in the garge.. my second went a few thou... This one I drive....!!

I had a good time today... The t-storms in the area made for a dramatic view through the windshield.....

Later,

Yeah, I work Sundays. Fill me in on the plans for any fall runs.

= J

OP
OP
jdeft1

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was me! I’ve been planning to take a drive down 211 anyway and I saw your post at about 11:30pm today when I got off of work so I went out hunting for you. I got rained on pretty hard in Warrenton but the rest of the trip was great. There hadn’t been any rain on the mountains so the roads were all dry up there.

Even though I didn’t catch up with you, I had a wonderful time climbing the mountain on 211 and a very relaxing cruise up on skyline drive.

I was with my kids in a YELLOW van.... (maybe you noticed)... haha. This van is a '91 Toyota but I love it!! 225k mi.on the clock!! :omg: It never let me down and my kids love it! (It's a rare color, not that it matters... haha)...

Yeah, well... I wanted to take the viper but the wife needed to work... so, well .. we took the old van....

=J

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey DC area guys, What's this club all about?? I've had a gen 1 for a LONG time. I've been rolling around NOVA/DC for 10(+/-) years and never met anyone from the VCA?? What gives?

Let's catch up. I'll be heading out West on RT55 to Front Royal tomorrow (fri.8/21/09) around 11:00... From Front Royal I'll head South through Fort Valley to Luray then back east to Sperryville. From there I'll hang for a bit and do a mountain climb or two (west and back) .... Then it's East down 211 to 66 etc.....

I'll look for you..... if you're out there...

=J

Come on down to Richmond on September 19 for the Horsepower Challenge (see thread on it). There may be a group cruising down together from Northern Virginia. Be sure to bring your dyno slip if you done any mods on your Viper.