One last Coupe PhotoShop...

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin, your version seems to be more aggresive, and I like it more than the VOI version from the side. It just seems to be more of what a new version should look like rather than what they made. Can you e-mail a some of those photo's so I can send them in to DC Design? Very nice job.

[email protected]

AUSTIN - WAKE UP - this is not a dream - do what the man says now!!!

:headbang: :D :2tu:

Steve - I am impressed :2tu: hope DC love it as much as we do

Just wanted to reinforce the importance of the above post. :2tu: That is all. :D

Austin, you may be leaving college(involuntarily) :headbang: early to start a new job in DC's Design studio per the demands of the VCA, the Alley, and Viper Fanatics worldwide.

nohsreg2000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can you Imagin how much mileage DC would get in the press,(including the mainstream non automotive press) and what an overwhelmingly positive response they would get from the public if they actually let the enthusiast have a heavy hand in the design on this car.

Seriously, The Viper has one of the most loyal fan bases on the planet. We care about the car....it's one of DC's image monikers and DC wants to make money. It seems win win all the way around. I never understood why auto companies have never taken this step(not some token ownersgroup to express itself in a limited voice)

You want to make money and pioneer a new trend in the auto industry that you can trade on in the media and your advertisements for years to come.....Stop telling us what the car is going to be, and take us serious as to what we tell you it will be.

Hold a contest, let people submit designs, let owners vote and build it. I hope you guys at DC are noticing that here and ViperALLLey(the other website that actually HAS MORE ACTIVE USERS)the overwhelming majority of people like the photo chops a lot better than that sub par thing you rolled out at VOI. The marketing writes itself for a campeign such as that.

A stunt like this would start chiping away at the Vette loyalty base....the strongest of all automotive cults. As much as we or DC would like to spin, lie or marginalize the Viper/vette fued, that does not change the fact that the Vette is the sportscar of America. We often think that the Viper is not in the Vettes league, while this is true, this is about Branding and the winning of hearts and minds for the title of Americas sportscar. The Car designed by the people for the people would go along way towards catching up to 50 years of corvette having been ingrained in the American automotive landscape.

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im NO professional at this kind of stuff, but I will send him whatever he needs. I do this stuff for fun because I love the Viper (and cars in general). If someone at DC wants to look at my pics, niiiiiiiice! :2tu:

The DNR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job buddy!! :2tu: I hadn't seen these photochops before, they look great! Let me know if you get a response from DC :headbang:

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin
Former Enthusiast/Designer at DC

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: Houston/Clearlake Texas
5 Photos

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin, the A pillars should be solid white. What about the ugly black cover over the exhaust exit?

Great job!

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin, the A pillars should be solid white. What about the ugly black cover over the exhaust exit?

Great job!

Well, the exhaust plate I figured I would keep on, doesnt look to bad IMO. Now, as for the A pillars, I noticed that I had missed it this morning as well (DOH!!). :p I will be fixing it when I get home.

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, A pillar has been fixed to near CC specs.

5580White_Coupe_13-med.jpg

5580White_Coupe_12-med.jpg

5580White_Coupe_11-med.jpg

5580White_Coupe_10-med.jpg

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it. How about a bit more humb in the area over the rear wheel. And can you show it in the blue white color?

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice job Austin.

Feel free to send off any of my versions I posted at VA as well.

Maybe they will get the message to seek the thoughts of Viper owners and enthusiasts first before they spend any more money on this car.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about that yellow, it seems to be missing something...
AHH, that's better! ;)

You must be registered for see images

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
austin can you do a red one, also silver, pics are fantastic, wtg, you have wowed the crowd. :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
austin can you do a red one, also silver, pics are fantastic, wtg, you have wowed the crowd. :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

Im working on red, its been a ***** to do for some reason! I just cant seem to get the right color. The resilution of the original pic SUCKED, so thats really causing a proplem. I did somewhat of a silver/grey thats posted over at VIPER ALLEY. I also did a black, but neither the grey or black came out the way I was intending. Another color I cant seem to get just right is the '96 blue.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not bad, but am I missing something? Just looks like a Gen III SRT-10 with a Gen II GTS roof/rear glass. Doesn't look bad, though. GTS-R is still the cat's meow, IMO.

P.S. - White looks bad-asp in the GEN III.

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not bad, but am I missing something? Just looks like a Gen III SRT-10 with a Gen II GTS roof/rear glass. Doesn't look bad, though. GTS-R is still the cat's meow, IMO.

P.S. - White looks bad-asp in the GEN III.

Nope, not a GTS roof line of rear glass.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From rear of door back.... looks like a late 1980's Mazda RX-7.

Just make the street legal version of the Comp Coupe..... and they are done.