Opinion on subwoofer wiring

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up a solid Memphis Belle 5 channel amp for my car and was wondering everyone's opinion on wiring.
Should I run individual wiring to my amp and my soon to be installed boost a pump or should I run a 0 gauge wire to a distribution block and just hook both the BAP and amp into the same distribution block?

Also can someone post a picture of the battery setup on the viper so I can determine which battery terminals to pick up for it? I don't have access to my car currently or I would look myself.

justingeer82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
being an electrician i would definately have a power block for your sound and FP. add a capacitor to the block to smooth out electrical noise. less wires/legnth the more efficient.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get a optima for that set up- its got both top and side terminals

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had numerous people tell me do not get a battery with top terminals as they will touch things and short something out.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No need for a capicitor, not running a serious system like I use to. Mostly an entry level setup. I read optima batteries and Vipers don't mix well

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have been useing a optima in my viper now for almost 4 years, they can take alot of jolting and excellent for a stereo- imo- never had a problem

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
use a block and DO NOT cheap out on RCAs, I have always had luck with Mosters high end car audio RCAs and pay attention to the path you lay your lines the viper is a noisy car for interference

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm referring with the gen 2s. Something about them not lasting long.

How would an optima battery last less in a Gen II Viper than any other car? If you get the correct size and a red top which is for cars you should be fine. One thing to note, optimas do not like to be killed and recharged. Every time your battery dies all the way you really reduce the life of the battery even after a recharge, I have heard that once you kill them they are never the same. I have been using red tops in all of my cars for many years and never had a problem. If you dont drive your car often (at least every week) you should put a float charger on the battery, 5 dollars at harbor freight gets you one that is proven and simple.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just something I have read about the optima.

I am good on everything including how to run rcas etc but I have never piggy backed something external to the soindsystem that was not part of it. I have installed many car stereos, my main concern is for the BAP.

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that is how rumors get spread. One thing to say that Optimas aren't good batteries, saying that they aren't good in only Gen II Vipers doesn't make sense. If it was me I would run separate wiring to a stereo system and separate to the BAP. I have both of these in my car seperately wired.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not a rumor, there are a lot of mixed reviews on this forum about them. A simple search will bring up multiple threads about them. Personally I like optimas and have always used them except in the viper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery