Opinions are like.......

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
........and everbody's got one. Put these on a few hours ago and I kind of like them.

8372srt_wheels_002_Medium_-med.jpg

OP
OP
Z

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are the painted blems compliments of Jon B. They matched the silver so well I thought I would give them a try. I plan on sending them out to have the lip and edge polished. They feel much lighter than the stockers or my CCW's from my GTS.

8372srt_wheels_001_Medium_-med.jpg

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Groovy. I may grab a set and have them powdercoated gunmetal grey with a polished lip. I don't want to modify my stockers.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never was a fan of shiney wheels on silver cars so I went with silver painted on mine. So I say thumbs up!

You must be registered for see images

P.S. Don't freak out everybody I bought a set of used wheels that had flaking clear coat. I did not sacrifice good Gen II+ wheels. Same with gas cap.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it. I think it would also look good with a black center and leave the rest of the rim that silver to match the paint. Betcha someone could photochop that combo for ya.....

Paging photochop expert in SRT10 section....

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zen,

Great looking car with the best color for a Gen III.

Jay K.

ps. I love the plate!

:2tu:

OP
OP
Z

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grew up in Morton Grove, went to Maine East. Went to the GBS and GBN prom's in 87. If you havent been back in awhile the area has eally changed. I live on the old airbase which is called the Glen. Fantastic area, great for kids, not a house under 1 mil. The area has definitely changed. When did you graduate?

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last time I came through Glenview the Airbase was still there. Only the end of last year I went by the same road and couldn't believe my eyes! Its like Lake Forest moved over to Glenview and added more Bling! I couldn't believe how beautiful the neighborhood had become since the landing lights and the Military fence were torn down.

Jay K.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great post Newport. My F car is having the same issue with painted wheels. Had no idea that I was using the wrong stuff. Thanks a bunch!

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just love this look on silver, I too am not a fan of chrome wheels and eventually plan to get the painted Sidewinders....

Ron, can you take a side shot and a close-up of the wheel? Love to see the look w/ the top down as well....

Ken Silver/Mamba

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ken, it is a beautiful day in Chicago..

Hahahahahahaha ... yeah, that is a beautiful day for Chicago ... this time of year (I honestly don't miss it ... except my White Sox)