Opinions on stripe & interior change

Attackdaddy24

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While my Viper is down for fuel pump issues this winter I was planning on swapping out the interior from the cognac to black. I also want to put vinyl stripes on. I have an black 99 RT/10 and I was thinking of matte black stripes. But I like the way silver stripes look as well. I have seen a few pics of peoples interiors they have done. But I am not sure on what color combo to do inside. I had thought of doing the seats with black outsides and a darker gray center with matching interior. I just wanted some feedback to see what you guys think a good combo would be.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say go old school and do a grey interior like on the GEN I's. That would look pretty cool.

OP
OP
A

Attackdaddy24

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree with you Plum, I am not a huge fan of the cognac. I like the black and grey idea. I found a place online called /www.leatherseats.com and I think I will see if they can make me some new leather seats and I'll do the install. I bought some black carpet from X2 but I am hesitant about painting the door panels and staining the carpet to match the rest. I have a lot to do to this car before it is VCA ready. I am also trying to DIY to save money for a paxton.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not ruin perfectly good parts by painting the door panels. Alot of people like the cognac interior despite what the few people that are vocal about it on these forums will have you believe. If you dont like the interior take the whole shabang out and list on the vca classifieds. That money could help fund your other projects.

As for stripes, my vote is for silver or red. Or leave it as is as solid black RT/10's are sweet

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Save or sell the original Cognac parts, they are now unobtanium. Conelley (the leather company) went out of business long ago and even the parts like the shifter and steering wheel are long since out of stock. plus the combination is quite rare, I doubt there were 30 made in that combination.