Opinions on this RB1 on ebay?

FangZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd go for the first one (the ....AI model) if you ever want to add an iPod adapter. Some say they also have an AD model working with the iPod adapter, but I could never confirm that, so I bought an AI off eBay and it's working great. You will find installation instructions on this forum, just search for RB1... it's basically plug and play. Good luck!

OP
OP
J

Juice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's exactly the kind of insight I was looking for, thanks a lot.

The ipod connectivity is a huge deal for me. I guess I'll hold out for the first one.

Thanks again.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hopefully there is a policy here that other members won't bid AGAINST a fellow member interested in a particular "staked out" ebay item.

I would hope this would be the case and if not would be a nice idea.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I disagree.

While aftermarket systems may offer more features, etc they usually stick out like a sore thumb in a vehicle's interior.

The bonus FEATURE of buying an RB1 from Ebay is that the unit is INSTANTLY under warranty if you install it in your car and your Viper is still under warranty. So, if that unit off ebay craps out while you are still under bumper to bumper or whatever, you will most likely get a NEW replacement.

The aftermarket products aren't usually as strictly tested as the OEM systems.

Nothing integrates better into the Viper's console than the RB1.

Tim

OP
OP
J

Juice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I disagree.

While aftermarket systems may offer more features, etc they usually stick out like a sore thumb in a vehicle's interior.

The bonus FEATURE of buying an RB1 from Ebay is that the unit is INSTANTLY under warranty if you install it in your car and your Viper is still under warranty. So, if that unit off ebay craps out while you are still under bumper to bumper or whatever, you will most likely get a NEW replacement.

The aftermarket products aren't usually as strictly tested as the OEM systems.

Nothing integrates better into the Viper's console than the RB1.

Tim

Didn't know that about the warranty. Might as well buy a broken one real cheap and have the dealership repair it. :crazy2:

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah I thought about that and that's how I came up with that hypothesis.

Seriously though, how is the dealer going to know it wasn't there from the original build, or wasn't installed as an option at a previous dealer. :dunno:

But I bet I just SINGLEHANDEDLY made RB1's just a touch more attractive on the used market with my post.

Tim

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and go after market!!!
The whole system is sh###!!!!:crazy2:
pet snake..........:lmao:

The unit does fit the opening and makes for the look of the factory installation but, The RB1 nav unit is a PITA to operate compared to most other units. It does work well once the intended destination is "dialed in" but it is a slow process to select each letter or numeral and enter it. The more user friendly touch screen is far better, IMHO. However, if you want the OEM look, the RB-1 is the only way to go without modifying the center console.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really never had any issues with the RB1. It is a perfect option for someone looking to stay with an oem look. I am not big on the aftermarket stereo look especially when the stereo is not the same size as the dash space.

ccbatson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just added an RB1 myself...great fit, super easy install. However, I am considering adding a sirius receiver, but don't see an easy way of doing that. This is for an 08 convertible (not the coupe, I understand the receiver is under the seat in the coupe but not the convertible). ANybody know how this can be easily done?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 06 coupe that I ordered the RB1 from woodhouse. I paid $1100 new for it (have receipt to show). I am the only owner, and it has only ever been in 1 car, my 2006 Viper. I also have the newest NAVI disk with it, and I KNOW for a fact it works with Ipod, becuase I had one attached to it.

If someone wants this perfect condition unit, I'll let it go for $725 and I pay ship. Sure its more then the average ebayer is selling for, but you know who your getting it from, and its condition, and its history (I'll include receipt from woodhouse in the shipping). No Risk, no stories, works perfectly.

I just dont drive my Viper much, ever since getting the srt8 Jeep. I'll probably let the Viper go here soon... the F cars have always intrigued me.

Jon

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It can be done however I dont have sat radio. I remember when installing ipod kit there was a plug for sat radio.

ccbatson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More specifically, where would the Sirius receiver be placed, and the antennae?

ccbatson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bump...has anybody installed a sirius receiver? I could use some help figuring out how to do this without tearing things apart.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS. I am also throwing in my 10 disk change that works directly with the RB1 head unit. For $225, and I pay ship. The navi requires you to keep the navi dvd in the unit if you want to use it for navi, and they are too expensive to be swapping in and out (risk of scratching/losing/breaking of the dvd), so I have a 10 disk behind the drivers seat and the rb1 dvd nav always in the head unit. (and of course, my favorite 10 cds in the 10 disk changer).

Jon

ccbatson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other threads on the subject are not clear. One says that the receiver is placed on top of the RB1 unit (I don't have much confidence with that idea), another says it is under the passenger seat. Can anyone clarify?

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my RB1 on Ebay, brand new for around that price, hooked it up with XM. And later (with Naders much appreciated Help) added the ipod cable. I know you can run Serius also, just takes an adaptor....Have fUN :drive:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What, no Bluetooth? With all the laws against using the phone without handsfree I bought a Bluetooth stereo, pu the ipod cable in the glovebox with the Sirius Sat receiver/transceiver mounted to the glove box lid (illustrated upgrade thread). Now I jsut bought a new novi 350 for $200 to mount on the dash (for those few times I don't know where I'm going). The novi's got Bluetooth (if you want it) and uses voice commands. Millions of Points of Interest (gas food etc.) and is a much better unit than the factory uses (except for the 08?).

When my stereo rings I just say, "Hello" and the phone is working. Music automatically muted and it sounds like the caller is sitting in the passenger seat! The few times I need the GPS it sticks to the windshield on the pass. side.

Ted

ccbatson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it can be done, just not exactly how. where does the receiver go? How is it secured/mounted? If it is doable via the dash, then I may go for it. If it requires routing to the underseat position, or trunk, or any drilling, then I will not.