Options for Rear View Mirrors

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All,

I did a search and found this over on the RT board here

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...ming-mirror-seems-like-great-viper-gizmo.html

I didn't find anything for SRT-10.

Is there a "drop in" replacement for the cheap mirror in these cars that has a compass, outside temp, lights and garage door opener and auto dimming?

Is there another Dodge/Chrysler car that has this mirror that I can install in my 05 Viper without fabrication wiring harnesses, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have seen that one but it does not have the garage door remote.

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is a mid 70's movie called the Gumball Rally. It was a movie so horribly bad they made it three times. The later two knockoffs featured Burt Reynolds and friends in Cannonball Run and Cannonball run II. Despite the bigger names and budgets of the Cannonball versions, the movies only got worse, much worse.

But I was a teen in the 70's and Gumball Rally had cool, expensive, **** fast cars, so I watched it repeatedly as HBO and TMC would show it 6 times a day. I bring this up only because there is a relevant quote from Gumball Rally, spoken by Raul Julia in a terribly fake Italian accent as he sits in his Ferrari. Just as he is about to start the race across America he turns to his co-pilot, rips the rear view mirror down, tosses it out of the car and says, "Whazza behin-a-me is of no importance. ”

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe this is what you guys are looking for.
http://www.mitocorp.com/flash/homelinkautodimmingmirrors.htm

Auto-Dimming Mirrors with HomeLink®
HomeLink®, the Wireless Control System that learns the codes for up to three remote control devices, is now available in an auto-dimming rearview mirror through MITO Corp. No more fumbling to find the remote control. No more crowded visors with multiple remotes for garage door openers, security lights and entry gates. Now all these devices can be operated with dedicated buttons integrated into a auto-dimming rearview mirror equipped with HomeLink®.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Gentex Mirror with Compass/Outside Temperature and HomeLink® Wireless Control System.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Part#:50-GENK50[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MSRP: $399.00[/FONT]

Click on the link below to buy direct.

http://www.mitocorp.com/flash/homelinkautodimmingmirrors.htm

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I sent them an email inquiring about compatibility.

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just heard back...

Yes, that mirror will work with your existing mount and you shouldn’t have any problems wiring it into your car.

OP
OP
X

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys and Gals,

Thanks for the replies.

PJJP, if that model you mention is TRULY a drop in, plug and play replacement (meaning remove old mirror, put new mirror on windshield using old mounting point and plug wiring harness in) then I am sold.

Tim

I don't know if the Viper has a weird mounting bracket but when I owned my Jaguar XJR I replaced the mirror on that car myself and ended up CRACKING the windshield. A 300 dollar job ended up costing me 1000 dollars.

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did discuss fitment with them and then found a better price..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21