Orbital Buffers ?

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anybody give me a recommendation on which buffer to buy and what's a good place to shop on-line for car care products ? (I live in Europe now).
I've always been afraid to make the step, since I heard horror stories of people messing up their paint with buffers.
Anybody got a good reference to a website explaining how to use them ?

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Yves!
When did you move to Europe?
For a buffer, get the Porter Cable 7424; it's a good one, and if you check around on the web, you'll find that a lot of detailing forums recommend it as well. I think one Griot's sells is the same thing. A place called Coastal Tool Supply usually has really good package deals on it (usually including extra pads); that's where I got mine.

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meguiar's also sells the Porter Cable. I think it's about $40 more then the discount places but Meguiar's gives an unconditional lifetime warranty.

OP
OP
Y

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys - great info !
Re the polish : should I buy the one that comes with the kit, or just buy the 3M swirl remover separately ?

Obaa - I've been here for the past 4 months. Brought the Viper. Had it out on a couple of occasions. Nearly stopped the traffic. People know the car from magazines, that's where it stops. It's even more rare than a Murci or Pagani. I'm havin' fun ! :)