Ordering Viper Parts

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Likely a combo of low volume dealer AND , as YOU know, 1996 was a "mixed" model year...Gen I and Gen II motors(cars). I generally like to try to "help" in looking up the parts codes myself when they go to the book or the computer...last time in to check on touch up paint, NONE listed at all for 96 yellow wheels ( I know, I know, some of you think they should have passed on that color in the first place)...LOL

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Try Jerry's Dodge in Springfield. David is the best and he gives a good discount. (703)866-1700.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In many cases you need to tell the parts counterman that your car is a '97! I went through the same thing for awhile with my '96. The '96 was released too late to have much in the '96 parts book. The book was updated with the '97. the books get updated regularly and it is possible that your dealer does not have a book past 1996?

Reaction score
The way the parts catolog is set up the 92-96 car is in one group so when looking for 96GTS parts you need to be sure they are looking at the right body code on the right side of the screen 27 for the RT and 29 for the GTS.In 97 the catolog got much better.