OUCH!!!!! Viper Tax At It's Best!!!!!

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently had my side sills painted on my 2004 SRT-10 "Mamba". I thought that I could get replacement "VIPER SRT-10" emblems for under $150, however, I quickly found out that the Viper Tax is "off the hook" for these emblems. I knew that I was in trouble when Chuck Tator asked me if I was sitting down. He advised me that those emblems were $194.50 retail. I was thinking that the price was for both emblems,however, he quickly advised that the price was for each side WOW!!!!!!! Is there anyone out there that has had their own emblems made by an aftermarket company? If so, please provide pictures.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently had my side sills painted on my 2004 SRT-10 "Mamba". I thought that I could get replacement "VIPER SRT-10" emblems for under $150, however, I quickly found out that the Viper Tax is "off the hook" for these emblems. I knew that I was in trouble when Chuck Tator asked me if I was sitting down. He advised me that those emblems were $194.50 retail. I was thinking that the price was for both emblems,however, he quickly advised that the price was for each side WOW!!!!!!! Is there anyone out there that has had their own emblems made by an aftermarket company? If so, please provide pictures.

Black, Red, and Silver ones are sold for $59 right here on this site (Viper Parts of America).

What Flexx said. VPA has a great price on these right now.

PootyP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have gotten hit as well.... try to replace your Viper windshield wiper blades
I went to dodge to order new ones....they are small and really chincy looking thought maybe 30-40 bucks max.... nope!!!! try 80 something dollars for wipers i have and unless caught off guard in a storm will never use

Also my cooling fan blades a few are starting to crack, well no sir cant just replace the plastic fan, you gotta replace the whole setup for 800.00 what a conspiricy and rip off.... talked to John B and got one for like 575.00 it took a lil sting away but still. The saying is true... gotta pay to play

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have gotten hit as well.... try to replace your Viper windshield wiper blades
I went to dodge to order new ones....they are small and really chincy looking thought maybe 30-40 bucks max.... nope!!!! try 80 something dollars for wipers i have and unless caught off guard in a storm will never use

Also my cooling fan blades a few are starting to crack, well no sir cant just replace the plastic fan, you gotta replace the whole setup for 800.00 what a conspiricy and rip off.... talked to John B and got one for like 575.00 it took a lil sting away but still. The saying is true... gotta pay to play

VPA has Viper wiper blades as well. Definitely not $80.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One caution note: Make sure the ones you purchase are the correct ones for your car. There are two different "Silver" decals. The silver ones used on the Commemoratives are a different color than the other silver ones (two different part numbers). I learned the hard way after having the one side installed then realized they were not the correct ones (color wise) for my particular vehicle. Make sure you verify the P/N against your vehicle's VIN.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One caution note: Make sure the ones you purchase are the correct ones for your car. There are two different "Silver" decals. The silver ones used on the Commemoratives are a different color than the other silver ones (two different part numbers). I learned the hard way after having the one side installed then realized they were not the correct ones (color wise) for my particular vehicle. Make sure you verify the P/N against your vehicle's VIN.
There is the Satin Silver as found on the 2005 VCA Edition and 2005 Commemorative Edition, the others are more of a bright silver. When in doubt, always provide your VIN as Mopar dealers (including VPA) can look up the exact badging, medallions, floor mats, interior panels, and even the trim stitching that came with your particular car. The Mamba has side emblems with silver "VIPER" and red "SRT-10" - very unique.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Emblems badges ar BS. A Viper owner knows what you have and why worry about the ignorant? Car looks better as in cleaner without badges and ricer doo-dads. GTS Bruce

1buddyc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outstanding Thread, thanks for the Heads-Up. I intend on re-painting my side sills in the future and this deal was just too good to pass up on the side sill Emblems. Just ordered a pair. Wiper Blades are reasonable too, less than $60.00 per pair.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I agree with GTS Bruce about the esthetics of the badges, as I too think they look better without them. Do keep in mind , unfortunately , it does create a red flag for some as they start thinking repaint. So if you take them off for looks , which gives it a clean appearance, it is good to think about the cost of replacement prior to a sale in some cases.

Nice to know VPA has some in stock at a good price , as the one listed is less than we can buy them as a Dealer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang