OVERHEATING - HOW TO SOLVE IT?

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just becasue you had the cooling system flushed does NOT mean that it was BURPED. Depending on how they did the flush and how they added coolant, you most likely have a huge air bubble in the system. Click here for detailed instructions and BURP your baby. My bet is that it will solve the problem. Especially if this has not been a problem before this.

Also, check your coolant overflow bottle and make sure the bottom is not punctured. There is a bolt that punctures the bottle if the nose if flexed. Then, as the bottle fills as car heats up, coolant leaks out the bottle, and when car cools, it ***** air back into the system. Have seen this twice now. And is a sure fire way to get air into the system.

Also, always add coolant to the overflow bottle.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

PS - email me - need a good Viper Tech inthe Atlanta area for a friend - any sugggestions?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You failed to mention the YEAR of your Viper. THE YEAR MATTERS.
The fan/Tstat "fix" are basically year-specific

Janni's advise is correct. The symptoms you describe MAY be as simple as a thorough and proper burping, AFTER a flush n fill.

I have advised N U M E R O U S owners on how to burp their Vipers, AFTER the dealer's lot-boy flushed and fill it as if it were a Neon..........

Call me as noted below.........

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two steps to improving your cooling system:

1. Do whatever Jon B. says to do
2. Install the Keith Verges air bleeders