Paging Car Dude...NICE NAV INSTALL! Tell all please

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While uploading your ad I was amazed to see the Nav install. How about telling us how that was done?

IMG_4299134.JPG

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm doing this in my Gen 2 and it's going to take a lot of work but the end result will be worth it! I've got to relocate a lot of things but I'll make it happen. I've seen it done before so I know it's not that hard, just time consuming.

OP
OP
L

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who and where is Car Toys? Edit/ I found 'em, looks like they are only in TX, WA, OR, CA. Do you have a name and phone number of the location you went to?
It's obvious that a bigger hole had to be cut, but I'm really surprised there is that much room behind the dash panel to stuff that in. Looks like a Garmin, do you know what size or model?

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who and where is Car Toys? Edit/ I found 'em, looks like they are only in TX, WA, OR, CA. Do you have a name and phone number of the location you went to?
It's obvious that a bigger hole had to be cut, but I'm really surprised there is that much room behind the dash panel to stuff that in. Looks like a Garmin, do you know what size or model?

It was Car Toys:
550 Broadway
Denver, CO 80203
(303) 813-1090

It was completed over two years ago. I think it is a Pioneer DNX8120.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is fabrication to be done any good stereo shop can do it, I just finish my stereo and the big problem is cutting the metal suport to make room.
You must be registered for see images attach

Blainne

Viper Owner
Reaction score
+1

Any good car stereo shop can do it which deals with fiberglass work for custom sub enclosures....

I had a shop in the Louisville Area quote me for 1200.00 + parts for the center console modded to fit a Nav unit and painted black with a custom rear sub enclosure made in fiberglass for a custom set of subs.

I'm usually not a fan of adding stereos to my cars, but all the rear subs in my Viper are blown and it sounds like garbage when I turn on the stereo.

I should be getting this done in the next month or so.. I'll post up pics when its done.