Paint Code Question??

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My GTS is finally ready to paint!!! I plan to paint it red with silver stripes.

I have a silver listed as "Viper Silver Metallic" option code PA9 and paint code VA9. The "Sparkle Silver" is a different color code PAK. What is the correct silver for the stripe?

The two silvers appear to be almost identical with the sparkle silver having maybe just a slight bit coarser metallic and maybe
being just a slight bit darker.

Also, anyone ever use a different red than the Viper red?? The new Lexus 430 red seems to really stand out. What are you thoughts of using a non factory red?

Thanks.

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anthony>>>my guess would be that most of the club members will say NOT to paint the car a non-Viper color, for obvious reasons, including resale value and others. But, the bottom line, as with any mod is, it's your car now, what do YOU want, and do you care about the next person who owns it and how that would affect things. As with any mod, a lot of guys just want what they want. Of course, it's a lot easier taking off a supercharger or a cat back than a paint job, granted, but again...it's your call. pete the ex glass guy with a 66 Mustang painted 1980 Corvette red (didn't HAVE a good red in 66....ha!)

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may get shot for this.... but the best looking Red Viper I have ever seen was at VOI in St. Louis, the owner had painted it a deep burgundy metallic, it was flat out stunning. Whoever did the paintwork on the car was top-notch. Remember, this is from a guy who is painting his Viper Pewter Metallic.

If it is a rebuilt wreck, non-stock Viper paint color will not affect resale anywho. Seems like people "ding" cars prices for paint repairs anyway, so non-stock color may, in the end not really affect value that much, as long is it in not Dolphins painted on the hood
smile.gif
My two cents worth. If you look at the custom "Spiderman" Viper on Ebay right now.... it is not at much more than MSRP......

OP
OP
A

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I'm still not 100% sure what red I am going with.

Anyone have the info. on the silver for the stripes???