Painting emblems on SRT-10

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck painting (or taking off and painting) the side and rear emblems on the SRT-10? The prices for new ones are... well, stupid. Just curious. Thanks.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't paint them just order the color you want through Dodge.

I did it as I bought mine.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did them in black the rears where 30 bucks and the sides where 56 bucks. just do a search on dodge oem parts on the net. if your going with black remember to order a set for 06 thats the last year for the black ones on the sides.

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would someone please PM me with where you got them so cheap. Thanks a bunch. I can't find them on the net and I have been quoted well over $350 for the set. I can't afford to spend that on emblems.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would someone please PM me with where you got them so cheap. Thanks a bunch. I can't find them on the net and I have been quoted well over $350 for the set. I can't afford to spend that on emblems.

I'll send you a PM. I just got two of the side emblems for $58 each.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did all of them for 175, do a serch and then call them. there is many many oem dodge parts houses.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Certain colors are more expensive from Mopar, such as black. And different years came with different colors. Example: The black 2003 SRT-10 came with black side badging. MSRP: $172 each for the SRT-10 side badges (note the dash between SRT and 10, which was later dropped) - dealer cost is over $100 each. The black 2006 SRT10 came with silver side badging. MSRP: $76.45 each for the SRT10 side badges (no dash), with dealer cost closer to the less expensive quotes above.

Bottom line: The earlier cars are generally priced higher and in some cases you don't have much of a choice if you want that exact side color, such as black. Heck, if anybody has a later car with factory badging in black please drop me a PM. On the other hand, if you want silver side badging you can go with a later year and save some serious coin. Mind you, it won't have the "dash" so a purist might notice they aren't original to the car, but that is about it. Check with any Mopar dealer such as Woodhouse, Tomball, Viper Parts of America, etc. for pricing. Most will offer VCA discounts too. :2tu:

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine weren't that cheap either closer to 250ish total through the dealer, but at the time it was the only place I could find them.

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not the norm! the emblems are around $180 ea. I just replaced all the emblems on mine and I paid alot for them. NOT CHEAP!!! :confused: :eater:

I wanted to change my silver emblems the blue to match the car so I ordered the VOI 9 emblems and got them from the dealer my dad works at

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the information and the PM's everyone. Looks like I have some places to check. If I am going to talk the wife into dropping bucks into the Parts Rack rollbar setup, I have to try to save elsewhere and a couple hundred here will help. :)

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I am going to talk the wife into dropping bucks into the Parts Rack rollbar setup, I have to try to save elsewhere and a couple hundred here will help. :)

This should be a slam dunk... after all, it's about the safety of her honey :D

I would like to get the same rollbar (I thnk Autoform) in chrome :2tu:

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you tell them that your car is an 03 the prize goes up, for the rears you can used 08-09 for the side ones 06. Thats for the black ones. I had to call to get the correct ones.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will find that most authorized Mopar dealers treat VCA members very fairly: Woodhouse, Tomball, etc. As these are Mopar parts that is probably your best bet for the best prices.

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At that price I'd finally get a set of black ones for the side of mine, my rears are black but sides are still red. but at over $300 it wasn't worth it for a sticker.

F

FrgMstr

I bought mine from Viper Parts of America, checked with JonB, they could not meet the price. He said it was under his cost. Here is what those look like one. Happy with it.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine from Viper Parts of America, checked with JonB, they could not meet the price. He said it was under his cost. Here is what those look like one. Happy with it.

You must be registered for see images

Looks great on the red. Nice choice! Thanks for sharing the pic.:)

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been holding off painting my sidesills because of the added cost of the emblems. Even at $135 each you're still at almost $300. Damn, they're just plastic :dunno:.

F

FrgMstr

I've been holding off painting my sidesills because of the added cost of the emblems. Even at $135 each you're still at almost $300. Damn, they're just plastic :dunno:.

Ask VicTxV10 where he got his. I would like to know as well.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I replaced my black ones with chrome vinyl. Sides and back. Look great. I did them last summer. I will try to find the web, but they were no where near the prices on this thread. Think I got them all for about 150.