Park it or drive it?

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2002 bought new $75,500 and then bought a 2000 GTS with 2000 miles for $55,000 do the math. The man I bought it from bought it new at $75,000. Drive the car don't let someone elese enjoy your benefits. *** BLK

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2002 bought new $75,500 and then bought a 2000 GTS with 2000 miles for $55,000 do the math. The man I bought it from bought it new at $75,000. Drive the car don't let someone elese enjoy your benefits. *** BLK

Very good point. Unless you plan on keeping it forever, buying new isn't as necessary with the clean low mileage Vipers out there. I see that the previous owner spent $25k more sticker difference than you not including gas guzzler, luxury tax, and tax just to drive a brand new GTS for 2000 miles and sell it.
Personally, the Viper is my dream car and money just doesn't mean the same to me as it used to because I can actually drive my dream now. More is still better but I just want to buy more Vipers. Nothing I could buy would ever give me the same bang for the buck. I confess that I obsess over the cleanliness and the blemishes visible because of the black color but driving it never fails to bring that "priceless" and addictive Viper experience.

I am also glad I didn't wait another year to buy. Sure I would have saved a small chunk of cash. The weight lifted off my shoulders to achieve my dream changed my life. :cool:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you both are wrong. If I owned one I think I would come up with a fair compromise between driving the crap out of it and letting it sit in the garage. I would use it as a weekend/special event type car and probably put about 2000 miles a year on it. It would still remain low miles and hold its value well for atleast 5 to 10 years and I would still have alot of fun driving it. JMHO

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a drive it kind of guy. But if you drive it, you must be prepared for driving things to happen...rock chips, dirty undercarriage, brake dust, etc...but then agian, I clean my car almost once a day it seems like, and it is quite theraputic.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think your both OK.

Some people like to have garage queens(including myself) and others like to enjoy driving the heck out of them.

I think most of the guys on this board like to drive them. I know the NY/NJ region drives the crap out of their cars. I do envy them for it.
I want you to have one viper that you can drive the crap out of with us!

WICKDXS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I Bought a 1998 Indy Pace Car (NO STICKERS) with less than 8,000 miles on it in 1999 for $45,000. The original owner paid over $55,000. I Put less than 20,000 miles on it in 6 years and just sold it for $23,000 to buy my 2001 - 5,500 mile RT/10; the same year Viper's I was looking at with 20,000 miles on them were only about 4K less than the one I found. Now I know a Vette is not going to retain it's original value as much as a Viper will but When I think back on all those trips I made in my chair car when I could have been driving something better, I realize those were six wasted years.

Bottom line...
Life is too short to drive a POS

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Bought a 1998 Indy Pace Car (NO STICKERS) with less than 8,000 miles on it in 1999 for $45,000. The original owner paid over $55,000. I Put less than 20,000 miles on it in 6 years and just sold it for $23,000 to buy my 2001 - 5,500 mile RT/10; the same year Viper's I was looking at with 20,000 miles on them were only about 4K less than the one I found. Now I know a Vette is not going to retain it's original value as much as a Viper will but When I think back on all those trips I made in my chair car when I could have been driving something better, I realize those were six wasted years.

Bottom line...
Life is too short to drive a POS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doing the math it seems you sold a 1998 with less than 28k miles for $23k. Somebody got a great buy. I just plan on getting a bigger garage instead of selling when I get my next Viper.

WICKDXS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Someone did, but that is the market for clean used C-5 and is 5K more than the dealer was willing to give me on a trade. What I did not put in the post is my wife says can only play with one toy at a time, sooooooo to get the Viper the vette had to go away. Bottom line I drive the Viper almost every day, something I did not do with the Chevy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS