Park it or drive it?

KC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok this is the story to the point. Me and a friend bought vipers. I drive mine a few times a week, To Phoenix a few times and to California once and aroud town but its not my daily driver. I have about 28,000 on it. Now my friend will not take it out of his garage hardly ever. We have met up ONE time in FIVE years. He will not take it out to eat, the mall and are you kidding drive it 100 miles to Phoenix. My question is: Is this normal he says I'm nuts for driving my car so much. I think he is nuts I say drive it and have fun or why won it.
Who's the odd one? :usa: me or him

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think your both OK.

Some people like to have garage queens(including myself) and others like to enjoy driving the heck out of them.

I think most of the guys on this board like to drive them. I know the NY/NJ region drives the crap out of their cars. I do envy them for it.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok this is the story to the point. Me and a friend bought vipers. I drive mine a few times a week, To Phoenix a few times and to California once and aroud town but its not my daily driver. I have about 28,000 on it. Now my friend will not take it out of his garage hardly ever. We have met up ONE time in FIVE years. He will not take it out to eat, the mall and are you kidding drive it 100 miles to Phoenix. My question is: Is this normal he says I'm nuts for driving my car so much. I think he is nuts I say drive it and have fun or why won it.

KC - i drive my viper as much as possible here in arizona. in fact i just drove my viper to phoenix and back to tucson yesterday. hit me up with a PM message and we will drive our vipers together. i know of some really cool roads here in southern arizona to rip it up on :2tu:

i can understand your friends lack of desire to drive his viper though. as you know theft is an issue here in tucson living so close to the border and the viper sometimes has a way of attracting unwanted attention. i bought my viper because i like to go fast not because i wanna show off. so with that said you won't find me pimpin my viper much in town. i like to take my viper out of town into the desert where i can open it up free of traffic and turn and burn :headbang:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive mine summer and winter, as long as the roads are dry. I prefer the fall and winter actually, when the air is cool and the cockpit is not an inferno. These cars like sucking in cold air. I don't sweat the road salt, or sand as I keep the car well maintained, washed and waxed weekly. It's a car, and not rare enough to pretend it's going to be some super valuable collectors item 20 years from now. Recently there was a post about a guy who sold a mint condition LOW mileage '96 for 65K or something like that. Maintained it, never drove it. Well great, except he paid more than that nine years ago. Now thats some investment. Drive the car. :2tu:

Firewater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should tell your friend that he should drive that thing up to Mesa and give it to me. I'll put it to good use...EVERYDAY :D

viperkraz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to find someone else to hang out with. That's crazy talk!

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive it but only on the perfect weather days. I do plan for roughly 2-3k miles per year since I take it off the road during winter. It obviously will last me a lifetime which is my goal with it. Thats just me. I will never criticize others on how they use their Vipers.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nope. You are the normal one.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a freind who has a 99 Silver ACR with only 1,900 miles on it

Drive it and enjoy it
:bonker:

no way!!!! wow I'd be driving that ACR as often as I could.

I've had my GTS since July and I've already put 5K miles on it

I don't want to put it down for the winter, gonna try to get it out often enough to keep it charged for spring

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
In your lifetime, its never going to be worth enough for retirement. So why save it?

Enjoy it while you still can!

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I enjoy it so much that I don't have another vehicle. Use it everyday in every way. Wouldn't tell anybody else how to use their's though. There's no right or wrong way to have a Viper. Do what makes YOU happy.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's sunny out I'm usually driving the Viper. :laugh:
That's actually one of the reasons why I bought a Viper as opposed to a car like a Ferrari. I can take it on long trips, commute around town, race it at the track, and basically enjoy the car day after day, year after year.

I can certainly understand people who collect the Viper as a showpiece, and only take it out on special occasions.
But that's not personally what I want a special car like the Viper for.
I want it to drive, and experience as often as possible.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just like money, you can't take it with you. If your friend was looking to make money he should have taken his cash and invested it in something other than a car.

I think anyone buying a car should drive it in the rain the first chance the weather makes it possible. After that, you realize its just a car.

I am afraid of parking lots, though, and am very careful where I park and try to keep an eye on it whenever possible...

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my Viper to drive it. I have plenty of model car Vipers that can be garage queens and I'll keep the mileage off them. My real Viper is mainly a weekend playtoy or used for special occasions, but until I get really rich, I dont plan on ever having a Viper as a garage queen.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 4000 miles in 2 months and its not my daily driver. Living in a rural area miles can add up. I agree with you Chad. KC you have a big advantage over me but lets see who hits 100,000 first. Your buddy would have a heart failure if he saw them digits on his car.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive it!!
I was home for 2 weeks on leave from being stationed overseas amd i drove my Viper a little over 2500 miles in 2 weeks and it was all mostly city driving , i never went on a long trip. Drive you Vipers for me since i can't drive mine :( I miss my Viper :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960