Part 1 Who lets their wife/Gf drive their Viper?

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heck, females do not even have to date me and they can drive my GTS. I wasn't even in it a few weeks ago and had my friend and her friend cruise side by side a buddy and I in his GTS. It was fun for all, all about trust in my book. It was even thru heavy rain at one point, ouch.
Have a pic of the her drive, not sure how to post a pic here though.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. Part of the deal to get one. I even had to make some custom pedals (drilled aluminum) so she can reach them. She rarely drives it though.

Hey, at least the pedals look cool.

Jeff

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife drove mine a couple of times before major mods. Both times were over to a girls freinds house. First time was to put a girl freind in her place, she was bragging her Mercades. Next time to take a girl friend for a ride. I asked her how fast she drove, she said not very fast. They had the top off and they said they looked hot even driving slowly.

The only time since the car has been highly moded: I saw her and my 11 year old pushing the car out of the garage. I asked her why, she said she was not sure were reverse was and she did not want to hit the garage....11 year old then showed mom were reverse was.

Cudaman :usa:

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife used to drive it sometimes. Last summer we took it to a friends barbeque. I had had a few drinks, so she was driving home. Something in her brain short circuited and when she was supposed to be backing out of the driveway, she somehow had the car in 1st gear, mashed the gas and popped the clutch. The nose went right under my friends Tahoe. Don't ask me how she did this, I still can't figure it out. We were actaully kind of lucky, because my friends was standing just off to the side. Had he been in front of the car we would not only have been getting the car repaired, we would have also been shopping for a wheelchair for him. After a few minutes of ranting, there was about 12 hours of silence between us. But, accidents do happen. It's only a car, it's only a car, it's only a car... All has been forgiven and repaired, but now she say's she will never get behind the wheel again.

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I offered to let my wife drive, but she refused....she said that if she did, from that day forward, everything that would ever go wrong with it would be her fault

I am in the exact same boat as PaViper :confused:

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife drives mine all the time. The day it was delivered I took it out to her work, she looked at me and said "give me the keys". She has driven in the intermediate class at Viper days, we recently got back from a Viper event in Shreveport and she drove for half of the cruise.

She now wants a yellow RT/10! (screw the Lexus-buy me my own Viper). At least when I buy her a Viper we won't argue over who gets to drive.

Bill

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wife drove the GTS and drives the SRT-10. But let's take that a step further: One day I am upstairs on the computer and she yells up that she is going to take our then-14-year old son out to teach him to drive a stick. As I hear the garage door shut it dawns on me that we only have ONE manual car, the Viper. Sure enough, they did a fine job of parking lot driving in the GTS. At age 15 he drove the SRT to a friends house with me riding shotgun. And the intimidation factor works wonders on both mom and son: Neither has any interest in the "go pedal" other than getting the car safely up to speed. Whew!

Mike Red 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife loves to drive our 97 GTS, the first time I asked her if she would like to drive it (I was hoping she would say no) she said well of course. I pulled off the highway we swiched seats, and as we are putting our seat belts on I said are you sure you can drive a stick shift it has been years since you have had too. She said well time will tell she smiled and took off, and the next thing I know we are up to 110mph and climbing when I finally had to ask her to slow down. She can shift from one gear to another smoother than I can, she doesn't drive our car very often but I would never hesitate on letting her take it whenever she wants.

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offence, but the Viper is difficult car to drive.
Likes to get nocked for some reason, unlike my other cars.
That tempting power thrust doesn't help either.
Letting a woman drive, I don't know.

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YES, my wife loves to drive her/our Viper. She is dying to learn how to do big smokey burn outs and doughnuts. Life is great, well was until I scratched the front air dam on a curb.

Chris and Pam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I haven't posted in some time but I had to chime in on this one. I am the wife and the Viper is mine. We bought an 87 Grand National in the fall and just had a ton of work done to it (picking it up tonight). We picked between the 2 cars - he chose the GN - so the Viper is officially mine :laugh: Can't wait to have the husband wife race at the track.

Pam

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are so funny. If you are married, doesn't she own at least 1/2 the car? :laugh:

I'm female, not married, and both Vipers are MINE. I let the significant other drive them whenever he wants.

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife has no interest and has not driven the RT/10, but she has driven and even tracked our SRT/10. There is a world of difference between the two cars in driveability.

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife loves to drive the Vipers. She prefers the RT/10, but doesn't mind taking the ACR out either. We raced eachother 4 times last week at the NJ region rendezvous at Raceway Park, I cannot release the results... but her launch is much better than mine.

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife likes to drive the Viper. She's 5'4 so it can be tough for her to fully work the clutch.

When she found out the Gen2 (and SRT) models have adjustable pedals, I was informed I would be buying her one :laugh:

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife has driven mine a bunch of times, but doesn't necessarily like all the attention it/she draws. Still drives it on occasion, though. Not as much since I lowered it, and added the "performance mods" (minor as they are).

1BADBITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey GENXGTS, you asked for it !
213rhondav.jpg

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife has run our GTS in Viper Days and fully supports my modifying the car. In fact, most of the upgrades I get are presents from her. :2tu:

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem with my GEN 2 Viper.
My Wife drives it but I am always with her.
She is scared to break down :) :)

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife has run our GTS in Viper Days and fully supports my modifying the car. In fact, most of the upgrades I get are presents from her. :2tu:

Mike's wife rules!
How is your car coming? PM or email me if you want.

italian1nj

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife couldn't reach the pedals in my RT-10, it was one of the main reasons we bought the GTS. Now she drives her GTS more then I drive my RT-10. I must admit though that the Ram SRT-10 has become my daily driver, LOVE that truck even though I never really considered myself much of a truck guy before. Of course having one of our Viper engines in it could be the reason for the change in attitude don't you know!!!!

Jesse97GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well since my wife bought me the car, I guess its only fair. She wanted nothing to do with the car when we first bought it. She said it had a mind of her own and was too scary for her. Well Since I'm in Iraq and she drives it on the weekends, she has informed me that I may not get her back since she enjoys it so much. I guess we'll be shopping for an R/T 10 when I get back. She had the Neon R/T and drove it like a bat out of hell. I wonder how she's driving now? :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4