Part #, $, etc. for center cap removal tool?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any info on the part #, $, etc. for the center cap removal tool would be appreciated...

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Free - from me - it's in the toolbox in Texas right now, but when we get back you can have it.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use a small flathead screw driver. Wrap the tip in cloth and pry away!! If you can't wait until then. Unrelated to this. What year in college do attorneys loose common sense? Inquiring minds want to know!

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craftsman 1/4" flatbladed screwdriver and an old Hanes T shirt. That's what I use :)

dblankenbaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Janni, you should really sell it... those things are expensive! I had one disappear at ViperDays a few years ago. :-( Replaced it with a small Craftsman screwdriver, and used a propane torch to get the same bend in the tip.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When removing the centercaps use a piece of electrical tape on the rim so the tool prys against the tape and protects the rim.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the end of a wooden clothes pin sanded down a bit. No way it can scratch and easly to replace when it breaks.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
M.A.B. paint stores give away a paint can opener that looks exactly the same. Loop type handle and curved tip. works great.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Use a small flathead screw driver. Wrap the tip in cloth and pry away!! If you can't wait until then. Unrelated to this. What year in college do attorneys loose common sense? Inquiring minds want to know!

:D :laugh:

To go along with John's question...how do I wash my car? j/k! ha! :laugh:

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Free - from me - it's in the toolbox in Texas right now, but when we get back you can have it.
:headbang: That's a very nice offer. i would jump on it because that darn tool costs over 40 bucks!!!!

Max

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the offer, I can pay though :)

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Grrr, I find that using a small flathead screwdriver with cloth coverage gets to be too thick, else the screwdriver pierces the cloth, so that hasn't worked well for me...

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:headbang: That's a very nice offer. i would jump on it because that darn tool costs over 40 bucks!!!!

Max

What?! I thought it was ~$20?!