Paxton 1/4 times on street trim??

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've made only 2 passes they were 11.444/125.96 mph and 11.363/122.93. Did not drive aggressively because I was a long way from home. It may have a 11.10 or so in it.

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assuming the right driver, the right condition, and a descent 60' (1.7), I would think a 630 rwhp SRT-10 would run mid 10's at 134-137. That would be my guess.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fadi,Street tires are the limiting factor. The 11.30 pass had a 1.76 60ft time. Though I can get a 1.6 60ft time the
car still will not stay hooked-up when power shifting into the other gears. Slicks will get you high tens and 128-130mph on a base Paxton system and NO other mods. Also I think the stock system is only putting out 590-610 rwhp mine dynoed at 607 rwhp according to Woodhouse.

Hope this helps...

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, interesting. I thought a SC SRT would be a mid 130's trap car. Thought it would make sense given that stock ones have trapped 123 with 150 less rwhp.

Thanks for the info

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, interesting. I thought a SC SRT would be a mid 130's trap car. Thought it would make sense given that stock ones have trapped 123 with 150 less rwhp.

Thanks for the info

Fadi...607 rwhp is a very low number. Any paxton car with the base kit should be making close to 650 rwhp. With an exhaust, about 670. This should EASILY be a mid 130 car, no doubt.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As was the case with the Gen I's and GenII's, each Gen III vehicle is a little different. Remember, the Viper is still a "crafted car" not an assembly line knock off piece. Because of this factor and differing views on what is or is not a safe, everyday tune that maximizes driveability, output numbers will vary. Also, the stock Paxton setup utilizes the stock cats and meets California EPA requirements - quite an accomplishment in and of itself. Even with these restrictions it is puting out more than 600 HP to the rear wheels starting at about 3000 RPM. Assuming you go this route, a more important consideration than power output is to make sure you take steps to adjust the suspension to the new power capabilities. The addition of the Paxton will add about 70 lbs to the front of the car and the increased power could certainly be used more safely with suspension modifications that go with it. The Brembos on the Gen III are probably good enough to handle the power increae created by the stock Paxton application. Just keep in mind that these cars were engineered with certain performance parameters in mind with some extra leeway built in for safety sake. When you alter one aspect of the vehicle, it could cause a need for change in another aspect of the vehicle. Just my two cents.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys the numbers are what they are. These are real world results not theory or "corrected". No other mods,no race gas,no low air temps,no cooled intercooler,no water injection,no drag radials.Just what the average owner can expect at normal operating temps at sea level 78 degrees on factory tires.

There is no doubt my car will run in the 10's with slicks and probably 130 mph. I just care about what it can do all
day everyday without compromises.

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much rwhp do you guys think a stock SRT can hold before having to change the internals on the car to handle the extra power?

Thanks

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just by the kit and have it installed and dynoed by someone
who has installed a few. You won't need any more power. The
tires can't handle more than that on street tires.

Just do it.

It Becomes the car Dodge should have made.

Did I mention,JUST DO IT ?

ps max Crank hp is about 800hp but may need additional external components.

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So in other words, a 650 rwhp Paxton that is tuned on an otherwise bone stock SRT-10 would not be a problem, correct?

Thanks

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would add that at least in the SRT Rams anything more then 8psi has created issues and failure of the #3 piston. This has happened to both supercharged and turbo/twin turbocharged applications in the Ram. Havent read or heard too much in the Viper. I believe this is a known problem so like others have said the tune is extremely important. My SRT Ram RC has the Paxton with headers, exhaust and on a Mustang dyno put down right at 700 hp/tq at the crank. I have a small boost leak where I could only reach 6 psi and I hope to redyno now that the leak has been found.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fadi, 4000 miles so far no issues except a squeaky belt.I waited for a while(3yrs.) and haven't heard of any problems on a Gen III when installed by a experienced tuner. The SRT version is not anything like the GEN I & II systems.

Doug Levin can turn these out in just a few days. I didn't
use him however due to his back-log. Woodhouse did the install before the car was delivered to me and I am very happy with their work as well.

DO NOT stray from the proven system. Yes there is more power available,you won't need it. Just like guys and myself who have NOS cars the more power you make the more cautious you need to be about proper tuning.

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fadi, 4000 miles so far no issues except a squeaky belt.I waited for a while(3yrs.) and haven't heard of any problems on a Gen III when installed by a experienced tuner. The SRT version is not anything like the GEN I & II systems.

Doug Levin can turn these out in just a few days. I didn't
use him however due to his back-log. Woodhouse did the install before the car was delivered to me and I am very happy with their work as well.

DO NOT stray from the proven system. Yes there is more power available,you won't need it. Just like guys and myself who have NOS cars the more power you make the more cautious you need to be about proper tuning.

Thanks Ray. I assumed there wouldn't be a problem, just wanted to make sure. I can't wait to get my Paxton.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21