Paxton DLM tensioner

carlv12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I need to know urgently if the attached pic is really the DLM tensioner for Paxton for a SRT10 Viper. I mean $250.00 for this little part? No more parts like pulley or other parts are inlucluded????

I hope you can answer me, because I am lost of words...

Thank you and best regards from Spain

Carlos

Reaction score
Hello,

I need to know urgently if the attached pic is really the DLM tensioner for Paxton for a SRT10 Viper. I mean $250.00 for this little part? No more parts like pulley or other parts are inlucluded????

I hope you can answer me, because I am lost of words...

Thank you and best regards from Spain

Carlos

Hello Carlos,

That is not a tensioner itself, it's a tensioner assist. They are made by hand and take more time to construct than you may think. Other than the thrust block, it is NOT a converted Paxton tool. The rod is made out of grade 5 cad plated all-thread, the ends are welded stainless steel, grounded down and the loop is made to catch the tensioner bolt without interference. The hook is mild steel and made to break if you apply excessive tension on it.

I can assure you it will work to recover lost horsepower from belt-slip, which is the worst byproduct of Supercharged cars. The stock Paxton tensioner will not work by itself on post modified cars.

I field many calls per day from people that ask why they are down from 25 - 300+ horsepower on the dyno after adding modifications to their Blower cars. I send them the unit and after they bolt it on they call me back and thank me over and over!

I use the same unit on my car as well. It's the cheapest mod for the money and it works!

Please try it and let me know of your experience- thanks again!

Best regards,
Doug Levin

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That little gizmo worked excellent on my built Paxton car. It was much sturdier than the original Paxton unit, and I was able to quickly eliminate belt slippage on the dyno with that part.

limitless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
worked for me felt the same way when i saw it two lol hey nine ball any word on the viper wheels i ordered 3 weeks ago sent u email let me know thanx

M3T1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I think I'm having the same issue as the OP with my paxton kit on my Viper. I don't have the tensioner assist tool at all on mine. Since the attachments have been deleted, can someone point me at the replacement part Doug was talking about? Thanks.

all4spl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have tried reaching out and spoke with Doug. He told me to follow up the week after and now I can't get anyone to answer the phone. He did mention he was busy due to the amount of rain they had, but I'm trying to follow up and no luck. :/