Paxton dyno results........

Jsparks

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

He did a few more runs after these and was able to get rid of the little dip in the mid-range hp.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jsparks. Which A/F graph goes with the 687/617 run? I ask because the upper A/F, if the car is stock with a stock Paxton kit, is on the lean side and you may experience pinging under certain conditions. The lower A/F graph looks good.

OP
OP
J

Jsparks

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Jsparks. Which A/F graph goes with the 687/617 run? I ask because the upper A/F, if the car is stock with a stock Paxton kit, is on the lean side and you may experience pinging under certain conditions. The lower A/F graph looks good.

Thanks a lot fellas.....very happy with how it turned out!

The af was smoothed out a little more and the curve is real solid with the wot at 11.7.

Mods are:

Billy boat stepped headers and full exhaust with cat delete
x-metal tb

OP
OP
J

Jsparks

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We had problems getting good boost out of the paxton. Does the curve look in line with what you other paxton guys are getting?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The graph titled "Supercharged Viper2: BoostP" is similar to mine but the A/F you are running to get it is a bit leaner if the top green line is the Viper2 A/F. If the bottom green line is the A/F, I'd say you are in great shape. The Paxton power comes on more gradually than the Roe. I used to have an 8lb Roe on a GTS ( The system was installed by Sean and looked incredible). The car had over 500 foot pounds of torque at 1800 RPM. It was a blast but I like the better driveability and all weather reliability of the Paxton. I had to use different cards in the VEC II depending on the outside temperature to avoid pinging. My SRTC has the stock headers and Corsa cat back with stock cats. I think a key strategy with the Paxton is, after launch ( which I do at about 1500 RPM and roll into the throttle), do not shift too early since the power band is higher up on the curve.

OP
OP
J

Jsparks

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The graph titled "Supercharged Viper2: BoostP" is similar to mine but the A/F you are running to get it is a bit leaner if the top green line is the Viper2 A/F. If the bottom green line is the A/F, I'd say you are in great shape. The Paxton power comes on more gradually than the Roe. I used to have an 8lb Roe on a GTS ( The system was installed by Sean and looked incredible). The car had over 500 foot pounds of torque at 1800 RPM. It was a blast but I like the better driveability and all weather reliability of the Paxton. I had to use different cards in the VEC II depending on the outside temperature to avoid pinging. My SRTC has the stock headers and Corsa cat back with stock cats. I think a key strategy with the Paxton is, after launch ( which I do at about 1500 RPM and roll into the throttle), do not shift too early since the power band is higher up on the curve.

Thankx bob,

Right now I am still feeling her out. I've only held it to the floor once and that was in 3rd gear and I let off at 100mph....from my understanding with stock gears it'll go to 120's before the shift. It pulls so damn hard as the rpm's come up that I am focused on the road and not the tach. I used to be able the hear the engine and know when to shift but when the boost comes on strong it's just a entirely different sound .....AND I LIKE IT!!! Take me a few more weeks of driving before I will really appreciate what she can do.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take me a few more weeks of driving before I will really appreciate what she can do.

Wise decision. I did the same thing. I learned in baby steps to avoid a snake bite. I still learn a little every time I use "the force". I'd say the most important Viper Commandment, particularly with a supercharger, is: Thou shall not drive in a spirited manner on old or cold tires.

OP
OP
J

Jsparks

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thou shall not drive in a spirited manner on old or cold tires.

Wiser words could not be spoken! Everyone wants to see a burner or wants you to get on it 30 seconds into the ride and I just laugh.......and it is exactly why none of my friends have ever...or will ever drive my car!!

Reaction score
We had problems getting good boost out of the paxton. Does the curve look in line with what you other paxton guys are getting?

Whenever you increase exhaust flow with the Paxton you will see the boost max PSI drop some. It seems to make the most actual PSI with the stock exhaust. If you had a "blower cam" with less overlap the pressure may be higher. You are still making more power even though the boost is lower though so it's all good.:2tu: