Paxton/Engine tear down results

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
20K hard miles with a Paxton. The engine is completely torn down and everything looks fine. No issues. Frankly, the motor looks brand new. The only issue that I have now, is finding rods and pistons. Lead time on sources are out 12 weeks and I can’t/won’t wait that long. Anyway, the good news is that I now have the confidence to up the boost and run hard.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
GMC,

Glad to hear your engine was clean.

Also try Kevin at Exotic Engine, 951-545-8223. The turn around on my new JE Pistons / Oliver rods was only 5 - 7 days.

Good luck,

Dan

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is good to know! I'm currently having a short block with all forged components, hardended crank, billet caps etc (along with a ton of other stuff ;) built should be done before Christmas. I plan on being able to run 10 lbs of boost relatively safely. Will post dynos when we are finally done!

Course its just a Ram SRT ;) Maybe I can be honorary redheaded stepchild ;)

OP
OP
V

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper X, I think you and I are in parallel universes, it’s scary how similar our cars are set up. I think if I came of the auto parts store and got into your car by mistake, I probably would never notice. Thanks for the info on the pistons/ rods, I will follow up Monday

Viper D, no go at Roe. Love those guys though.

Doug, I talked to you on Friday, thanks for getting back to me so fast. I am still hunting down a shorter lead time solution, will let you know.

FloridaChris, I tore the engine down to bullet proof it for more HP, why else!!!!!!

Big-in-italian, about 7-8 psi putting down 660RWHP

Womsterr, hey any one willing to do all that for more HP is OK in my book , no matter what the drive. I still have my 97 Dodge with a V10 (iron block) I wonder if I should super charge it too. Hmmm

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I can't wait to get it done. We are also CNC porting the heads and finishing them by hand. New Titanium intake valves, stainless exhaust valves, berilium seats. It will have a roller setup and should rev quite freely. My next project after this is going to be a TT SRT Viper.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
GMC,

You're right.

ViperX

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member