You must be registered for see images

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder why they modified the air cleaner housing. It won't seal engine compartment air away from the cold air inlet this way.

Other than that it is very nice. You will soon be complaining about the poor tires like the rest of us! That is if you ever get cool weather down there.

OP
OP
D

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wonder why they modified the air cleaner housing. It won't seal engine compartment air away from the cold air inlet this way.

Other than that it is very nice. You will soon be complaining about the poor tires like the rest of us! That is if you ever get cool weather down there.

The air cleaner housing was temporarily modified until the new updated housing from Paxton arrives (hopefully this week). The old housing would rub completely through the hood liner.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful installation. From the pictures I cannot tell what RSI used for programming the necessary changes to handle the new system - VEC II, AEM module, Split Second? I think that many of us are interested in this subject. If you know, please advise. Also, if you do not mind, take her through the gears up to 5400 RPM in at least first and second gears a few times when the temperature outside is over 85 degrees and report back on what happens. Roll into the gas pedal or you will waste alot of expensive rubber! Once agian, beautiful installation! Thank you in advance for the data.

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great. I like the racing solutions on the valve covers. Nice SRT :2tu:

houstonT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David, I've said it before, we've picked the ultimate tuner! Congrats on your car. You owe me a ride, i'll give you one in return when my car is done! :)
Peter

OP
OP
D

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Beautiful installation. From the pictures I cannot tell what RSI used for programming the necessary changes to handle the new system - VEC II, AEM module, Split Second? I think that many of us are interested in this subject. If you know, please advise. Also, if you do not mind, take her through the gears up to 5400 RPM in at least first and second gears a few times when the temperature outside is over 85 degrees and report back on what happens. Roll into the gas pedal or you will waste alot of expensive rubber! Once agian, beautiful installation! Thank you in advance for the data.

The Paxton kit includes a Split Second box that RSI used for programming the necessary changes to handle the new set-up. I've only had a chance to drive the car one time and the temp was 98 degrees with the humidity over 90 percent (I am ready for some cooler weather!!!!!). I stayed with the 3.07 gear and after hard accelleration through first and second, I felt like I had a 3.90 gear. Accelleration was awesome and the stock run flats hooked up surpizingly well. I'll report back more inforamation when I get a little more seat time. Thanks for the positive comments.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awesome setup man !! and your viper look sharp :2tu:

by the way i just got back and im going to see my RSI TT for the first time today since i wasn't here when it was delivered.

and about RSI one word wont justify but <font color="red">"professionals"</font>

enjoy your new power :D