Paxton Is On!!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, after a couple of very long weeks of driving my stock SRT, I took the plunge and slapped a Paxton on it. My car still has the valve problem, so it only made a whopping 416rwhp on the baseline pull. With EVERYTHING else the same, it made 632rwhp after the blower. This is with the tune exactly how it came from Paxton. Velocity Performance, who did the install, is custom building me a 3" exhaust with NO cats tomorrow. They said the factory tune in the Split Second box is very conservative, and I want it to stay that way to keep my motor nice and safe. I expect to see well over 650rw after the exhaust even with a tune that's not so aggressive. So far, I'm very happy with the results, and I'm super pleased with the guys at Velocity! www.velocity-performance.com

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Amen to more traction! By the way, not trying to steel this thread, but I put a set of non run flat pilot sports on Friday. Traction was up about 25% by my "seat o' the pants meeter" over the run craps. Planning to have more fun this weekend on PCH.

Dan

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I plan to get some ported heads slapped on when I do it. I figured I'd let Dodge pay for the labor and the gaskets since they'll be off already. That will save me a nice chunk of change. The old valves won't hurt anything, they just rob me of some power until I decide to do heads/ cam. Not ready to do that just yet.

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anything to improve traction is key to getting all that power on to the pavement. Which non run flat pilot sports did you use and what was the cost?

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My tires will be changed out ASAP, along with some suspension components and maybe the rear end. I'm going to work on putting the power I have down before I bump it up.

VIPERMIKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan(ViperX), How are we going to have fun if we keep getting pulled over!!!!!!!!!! Good thing NewPort Beach cops like Vipers....lol

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to go BC!!!

How long did it take them to do the install? Did you buy the super charger from them or did they just do the install?

05 Yellow SRT10
03 Red SRT (gone)
02 Graphite GTS (gone)
97 Red GTS (gone)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our other cars: 2005 SL65 Pewter / 2005 G55 Graphite / 2005 SSR Silver / 2004 Gallardo Yellow / 2004 NSX Black / 2004 Z06 Machine Silver / 2004 H2 White / 2002 Candy Red Prowler + 2001 Orange Prowler + 2001 Silver Prowler / 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS Convertible / 1970 Black Chevy SWB Pick up / 1969 Garnet Red Camaro SS 350 / 1969 Chevelle SS 396 / 1969 Impala SS 427 / 1968 Chevy Step Side Truck L98/700r4 / 1967 Hugger Orange Camaro 400 / 1966 GTO / 1955 Yellow Chevrolet Truck / 1934 Ford Sedan / 1930 Ford Hiboy Coupe 302 5spd

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! They did the install and supplied the supercharger. Awesome place to check out, if you haven't been by there. They actually hosted a dyno day for the local VCA a couple of weeks ago. I went by and drove it earlier before they started on the exhaust. NICE!! This car is going to be a lot of fun! Steve, can I come sleep in your garage??? Don't you need a nice ACR to go with that collection? I happen to know where you can find one! ;)

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the Paxton BC! Just curious, after you get the new exhaust (sans cats) are you going to have it dyno tuned? Or run it "as is"?

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, definitely dyno tuned! The exhaust changes should lean it out quite a bit, so they'll add another disc to the FMU and if that doesn't work, they'll fiddle with the Split Second box. Safety first!

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good. I ran the leaner of the two disks first, and it was too lean. Went to the thicker disk, to flow more fuel, and all is well now.

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, mine was just about perfect, but the exhaust should change it. We'll see! One thing is for sure.....it's fun as hell to drive now!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Rev,

You need to quiet that baby down! And yeah, it seems the Newport Beach guys like us - or our cars. Could it have been the blondes?

When you going to get your Paxton?

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So now that you've had the SC SRT for a few days, how is it? Driveability? Performance? Inquiring minds want to know!!

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's awesome! It makes great power, and it's very tame around town until I mash on it. It's not crazy fast, but it runs really well! I'm very happy with it, but I can certainly see more mods in the not so distant future.... as in a few days. ;)

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's awesome! It makes great power, and it's very tame around town until I mash on it. It's not crazy fast, but it runs really well! I'm very happy with it, but I can certainly see more mods in the not so distant future.... as in a few days. ;)

How is the power compared to your GTS with the nitrous? :usa:

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's definitely smoother. The nitrous comes on strong. It had 900lbs of torque at the wheels, so it hit a lot harder than the 600 or so that I have with the blower. I'm certain the GTS was faster, but this is on tap all the time, and it doesn't feel much slower. I hated having to fill the tanks and worry about running out of juice when I wanted it. I also had the fuel cell, so I had to constantly fill it will race gas.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
"I can certainly see more mods in the not so distant future.... as in a few days."
If you get AEM, remember "It's NOT plug and play", unless you plug it in.. :p
You guys are something else.{bigcarrot,bad vpr}Made me laugh out loud :2tu: