Paxton Noise

C.Thomson

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My new Paxton has developed what can best be described as a grinding noise. It sounds a lot like a bearing going out.

Has anybody else had this problem? Mine has less than 1000miles on it.

Thanks,

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The good news is that it should still be covered by Paxton. Just have to take head unit and send back to Paxton. Hopefully it is ok. This is my third Novi and I have never had one go on me. And the others I had turned way up.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My new Paxton has developed what can best be described as a grinding noise. It sounds a lot like a bearing going out.

Has anybody else had this problem? Mine has less than 1000miles on it.

Thanks,

Check under rear wheels. Possibly a C6Z06 you ran over......... :2tu:

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine has always made the noise you are describing. It concerned me too so I called Paxton on it and they said they all make slight different noises. I have 30K miles on mine with no issues at all, so I stopped worrying about a while back.

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Check under rear wheels. Possibly a C6Z06 you ran over......... :2tu:

[/QUOTE]

Great suggestion, I went and looked and found 3 Z06’s, two Supras, 1 WRX Sti’s, a Mustang Saleen and crotch rocket. Sounds much better now.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a post on the SRT10 forum with one of the Ram owners experiencing the propeller/impeller thing (sorry, cant think of the correct word) falling to pieces within the supercharger housing. I tried to find it but havent yet.